Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

Hope this is not going to inflame the situation.

Just spoke to my usual cruise travel agent and she said that they had just been informed today that Adonia is going to be sold to Royal Caribbean to become part of their Azamara fleet. No word of when the sale will go through but clearly not good news for all those with cruises already booked

Edit - Ignore my post - did not pick up the info already available earlier in this thread. Lots of disgruntled P&O customers I would guess

Looks like it is true, this is now on the Adonia page on the P&O website.

Update on Adonia

P&O Cruises can confirm that it has signed contracts for the sale of its 30,277 ton ship Adonia.

The sale will be completed in March 2018 and Adonia's last cruise as a P&O Cruises ship will be D804 leaving Barbados on February 23 and ending in Barbados on March 9, 2018. Guests booked on any Adonia cruises after March 2018 will be contacted directly either by P&O Cruises or their travel agent.

P&O Cruises SVP Paul Ludlow said: “During her time with us Adonia has captured the hearts of many thousands of P&O Cruises guests. She has ventured into new ports of call around the globe and has negotiated Icelandic Fjords, European rivers and Caribbean coves. We will ensure that these discovery itineraries are continued on other ships in the fleet.

“With almost six months until Adonia leaves the fleet, we will ensure that each of the cruises in her final season with us are extra special and celebratory."

We shall wait and see what replacement they offer us but I think they will be hard pressed to match our penthouse suite and £1000 OBC.

I wonder if all the guys who were so keen to say that P&O would never do this are going to show their heads above the parapet now!!

Peter and Jenny

I agree,when i posted with news regarding itineraries not in new brochure people doubted but it was obvious to some of us something was amiss.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.

Not quite sure on this one! We are booked for 4 weeks on Adonia in the Caribbean next October if we cancel we lose £800 if they cancel we get £100 off our next cruise! After 25 years on P&O it is time to change.

I understand that they are moving forward with the big ships and want more revenue but they have ditched us and we are a little upset BUT there are new adventures to be had and we will seize them.