Live-ish (hopefully) Adventure of the Seas 9/9 - 9/16

No info on when St. Martin will be up and running again - my guess (and keep in mind I have no info backing this up) is that it will be many months. So far all of the refugees (is that even the best word for them?) I have spoken to are American. The Dutch military has been getting their people off pretty consistently since Irma hit. America has completely ignored their people. Now I don't know a lot about how America usually responds to disasters in other countries with Americans present, but it seems odd a Royal Caribbean ship needs to stop by on a random mission five days after she hit to get them off.

My understanding is some of them got off here, some will do so in San Juan, and I even heard talk of other waiting until Adventure docks in America. No clue when that happens. Maybe they are scheduling a special trip?

The people we picked up are SO THANKFUL. They have truly been through a lot. They literally had no clue we were coming until they saw Adventure pulling up and they packed up, jumped in cars, vans, and busses and come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the update on St. Martin!

A cruise we are hoping to go on next year has the island scheduled as a stop. We're pretty sure that won't be happening - but I think it would be awesome if they could still make the port as a volunteer stop. Only those willing to join a volunteer group to help out the island would disembark, everyone else could stay onboard and enjoy the ship.

How wonderful that RCCL allowed these people to bring their pets! I am guessing AOS had quite a few no shows due to Irma and had the extra rooms to offer to the people. I wonder if there were any additional people trying to get off the island that they couldn't accomodate? I hope not.

Where did you end up going in Curaçao?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got into a cab intending to go to Hato Caves but when he said $40 each way we opted for the closest (cheapest) beach! Ended up at Mambo and have had the best time. Beautiful water and just so relaxing.

We got into a cab intending to go to Hato Caves but when he said $40 each way we opted for the closest (cheapest) beach! Ended up at Mambo and have had the best time. Beautiful water and just so relaxing.

That's great! Never been to Mambo but had heard great things by way of a crew recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you both made it safely and are enjoying your cruise! I have a favor to ask you...if you happen to think about it, can you glance and tell me the price of a glass of prosecco/champagne/cava/whatever bubbly they serve? I, too, have the beverage package on my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks on AOS. This will be my first time on RCCL. I've had the beverage packages on all my NCL cruises, and anything up to $15 is included...which is basically everything. I think on RCCL, only up to $12 is included; I read somewhere that prosecco is like...$13 or something. I don't mind the extra dollar, but just want to know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

And thanks for posting the updates...love following along!

I usually never watch CNN (you can probably figure it out) but I tell you their coverage at least from 8pm to 11 pm has been the best I've seen covering the Caribbean islands and yes it looks as bad as it sounds. Actually I haven't seen much coverage at all on the Caribbean on other networks. These people need so much help. I just can't imagine cruise ships going to St. Maarten or St. Thomas/St. John for at least a year.