shopping for a winter cruise...

crisvow

I am always amazed at how early they come out with the next season of clothing. My guess is that you will have no problem finding what you need. Also, if you fly out one day early (we always do), you can shop in Miami or Fort Lauderdale - they always have spring fashions for sale!

I am always amazed at how early they come out with the next season of clothing. My guess is that you will have no problem finding what you need. Also, if you fly out one day early (we always do), you can shop in Miami or Fort Lauderdale - they always have spring fashions for sale!

Fly to Miami ;) Long way flight for crisvow to board a ship in NYC:D I have been surprised the last two Feb. with amount of summer clothes available as soon as the Jan. sales end.

Worse case pack light and pick up a new things a port at a time:)

crisvow if you get a chance check back in with the rollcall. We have around 70 members now and a meet and greet planned.

Crisvow,

Yes, the department stores bring in spring/summer fashions, including swimwear in Jan. It's called "Cruisewear". So call your favorite store and ask when the cruisewear will be shipped into their store.

Jane

I was in Dillards today and came across an area of summer wear. some of it was even marked down. It did not say cruise wear but I figured that was what it was for.

I am going on another cruise in Feb. a short 5 day-I was tempted to buy a couple of things-but I bought a good bit before my Oct. cruise and did not even wear a could of the outfits (capris) that I bought. I am planning just to bring that stuff-it was praticially new-and I have not worn it since the cruise. I am just going to bring a couple of shrugs, sweathers with me-just incase we have 75 degree days instead of 90 degree days.

So you could just fish out some of your summer wear packed away. Really cruisewear is just summer wear-a lot of sun dresses, capris, etc.-everything does not have to be new.

Go check out the fashion forum here at cruisecritic-lots of great info there for you.

And, of course, don't forget that you can order out-of-season clothes with many online vendors/stores. This point was dramatically evident when a close relative needed to purchase a heating blanket in July. Needles to say, they were not a hot item in stores at that time.

i work for a big retailer...the spring/transitional stuff is coming already...in fact some of it is on the floor and selling.....go figure!

in a few weeks you will be able to buy a cheap leather coat on clearance, and literally on the next rack you can get a new swimsuit.....really!

Archived