Which of Marc's Tours Is Better

MKKruiser

We did the water tour last year and had a blast. We opted to do the land tour this time. We had a hard time deciding too, but we thought we would do something different this time. I think either way you will have a blast. You still get the water picnic with both. The water tour is amazingly smooth. I thought it would be like a regular boat, but his boats are great. The water ride is lengthy, so take some water and snacks. Even though he feeds you it is several hours of riding in the boat until lunch!

We have booked the land tour for the simple reason that neither of us is a good swimmer. Both tours look good, and everybody joins up for lunch. Have a look at Marc's website, just put Marc's Motu picnic into 'search' and up comes his website.

Hi - We did Marc's tour last year. It was the highlight of our trip.

The people who did the land tour met up with us at lunch time for the wonderful picnic in the water. We had done an excellent snorkel at a coral garden and then a fantastic drift snorkel prior to lunch.

After lunch, we were given 2 options. Join up with the land tour and do a 4 x 4 tour of part of the island or stay where we were and enjoy the motu, the hinano's and the music. We chose the latter and had an incredible time. The people who joined up with the land tour had fun too.

So you do have the option of doing the snorkelling and then a little sightseeing if you do the water tour.

Sandra

;)

it's nice to know that there are always changeing options. I think that they had just started the land tour when we went. we love to snorkel so did that, but we were not given the option of any land tour when we were done. maybe we dawdled too much at lunch or had too many hinanos :).

We did the land tour in Oct. of this year. Loved it! Snorkeling was included in the land tour too. Marc was our guide and he is so much fun. This is an exceptionally beautiful island and it was good to get to see so much of it. We joined the people on the snorkeling tour for the picnic and it was absolutely great. (You can even snorkel at the picnic site, if you like.) This tour was the best one we took on our b2b. Don't miss it is you can help it.

Marc's email listed the trip as:

Pick up from the warf at 9.30

Visit our town 10 am

See our archeologics sites

Vanilla plantation

Feed the sacred eels 10.30 am

Snorkle in the best coral garden of the island 11.30

Meet the othres at the picnic and have a good time

Back to the warf at 3.30 by land rover

I have decided to go with the land as I do not have any land trips planned until returning back to Tahiti before getting on the plane.

If I really want to go back by water perhaps someone would prefer to go back by land. While this does not appear as the norm as was stated in one of the responses, one never knows.

Thanks for the input.

We did this last June and had a day we'll never forget. The little town was very interesting. We got down in the water with the eels. Lunch in the shallow pefectly clear water with little fish swimming around, music and singing, etc. It was like being with good friends.

We had an opportunity to snorkel before lunch and could swim all we wanted during the lunch break.

I wouldn't have changed a thing about the day. Would have loved to get up the next day and do it all over again!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My DW and I plan to book Marc's this coming week for this coming August. One thing I haven't been able to find is what is the difference between the coral garden and drift snorkels. What exactly is the difference? My DW is a good snorkeler but I am a novice. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Marc keeps the boat right with you - on our tour someone swallowed some water and was able to get right back in the boat.

I agree with LaurieB - the current is very gentle and the coral deeper than Raiatea (you don't have to worry about navigating certain spots so as not to get cut) so it's much, much easier. In fact, it is one of the most relaxing things I've ever done, you don't even have to kick, just float gently along - the fish kind of look up at you as you go by. It's wonderful - don't worry - you'll love it!!!

Archived