Update on BVI pubs and bars

Carnac767

For all of you fans of BVI and USVI, here's a status update of those famous nightspots we all love. It's heartbreaking but I know they'll be back. Can't bear to look at what's happened to Willy T's.

https://www.pubclub.com/destinations/caribbean/british-virgin-islands-post-irma-update-soggy-dollar-bar-foxys-one-love-bombas-shack/

For all of you fans of BVI and USVI, here's a status update of those famous nightspots we all love. It's heartbreaking but I know they'll be back. Can't bear to look at what's happened to Willy T's.

https://www.pubclub.com/destinations/caribbean/british-virgin-islands-post-irma-update-soggy-dollar-bar-foxys-one-love-bombas-shack/

Thank you for sharing - this is just heartbreaking. We were just at JVD in May and it was one of our favorite places ever!!

How do you go to these spots when on a cruise? Are there cruises that dock overnight?

Many of these bars start filling up early in the day and the party goes on through the night. I believe NCL offered an excursion over to Jost to check out Soggy Dollar and a few others when ported in Tortola but it was pretty expensive. Many tours in St Thomas offered day trips over to Jost but those are pretty expensive and you have to deal with customs. It is really hard to check out any of the bars not located on Tortola when on the NCL Eastern itin since there is such limited time in port when at Tortola.

I went with some friends in May for a week long BVI catamaran charter and got to enjoy many of these places. Once they rebuild, a sailing charter is the way to go if you are interested in checking them out. No "all aboard" time and once at an island you can hop in your dingy and jump from bar to bar.

How do you go to these spots when on a cruise? Are there cruises that dock overnight?

I visited Bomba's Shack when staying on the island. It breaks my heart that it is gone. Tortola is my favorite place in the Caribbean, and viewing the devastation there just kills me. To make matters worse, they are getting only a small fraction of the media coverage and aid that the more popular places are receiving.