Another Diamond Question

flowers44

My DH and I were both Diamond members. We had a cruise planned for over a year for New England/Canada which sails next Sunday. My DH passed away on June 21st, the day our final payment was charged to my credit card. I called RCI about a week after his death and changed his reservation to my cousin's name and everything is all set for us to sail together next week. I have seen on here that if person has Diamond Status and the person traveling with them does not, the Diamond Status is extended to that person's traveling companion if they are sailing in the same cabin. For instance if a wife or mom has Diamond Status, her husband or child in the same cabin is also considered Diamond. Am I understanding this correctly and will my cousin have Diamond Status on this cruise? Just wondering if we will be able to enjoy the benefits of my history with RCI.

My DH and I were both Diamond members. We had a cruise planned for over a year for New England/Canada which sails next Sunday. My DH passed away on June 21st, the day our final payment was charged to my credit card. I called RCI about a week after his death and changed his reservation to my cousin's name and everything is all set for us to sail together next week. I have seen on here that if person has Diamond Status and the person traveling with them does not, the Diamond Status is extended to that person's traveling companion if they are sailing in the same cabin. For instance if a wife or mom has Diamond Status, her husband or child in the same cabin is also considered Diamond. Am I understanding this correctly and will my cousin have Diamond Status on this cruise? Just wondering if we will be able to enjoy the benefits of my history with RCI.

I´m sorry for your loss and I´m sorry but you understood what you have read wrong. C&A benefits are not extended to cabin mates. Your cousin will not be considered Diamond Status on the cruise. Status is matched for Significant others when residing under the same address and it´s for minor children residing under the same address. Your cousin will be able to join you in priority boarding, but as said will not be Diamond, no benefits loaded on seapass card, no lounge access.

I´ve cruised with my mom in the same cabin and yes we have had had our respecting status and she did not get my higher status.

Thank you for your answer. I did not think she would get the Diamond Status but I though I would ask. Now that you say "residing at the same address", I do remember that part of the equation. We are both looking forward to this cruise and hoping for some fall color as a special treat.

Thank you for your answer. I did not think she would get the Diamond Status but I though I would ask. Now that you say "residing at the same address", I do remember that part of the equation. We are both looking forward to this cruise and hoping for some fall color as a special treat.

You will have your 3 drinks using your sea pass card, so you can enjoy a drink at another venue that serves alcohol, during the cocktail hours only.

My condolences for your loss.

Enjoy your cruise with your cousin. You picked a great itinerary. My favorite.

Gwen :D

I have seen on here that if person has Diamond Status and the person traveling with them does not, the Diamond Status is extended to that person's traveling companion if they are sailing in the same cabin.

I believe that is true on Celebrity but not RCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can still use your 3 free drinks in other bars.

Outside of cocktail hours you both could still go into the DL for a coffee or hot chocolate and to relax.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You can still use your 3 free drinks in other bars.

Outside of cocktail hours you both could still go into the DL for a coffee or hot chocolate and to relax.

No - not allowed in regardless of the time of day. Now obviously some people do, but it's against the rules.

Sailed for the first time on the Independence after my husband died. Took my friend in once for morning coffee. Concierge was at his desk and asked to see her Seapass card. He explained that she was not allowed. I hadn't given it much thought. I knew she wasn't allowed at night, but didn't think about a cup of coffee.

So please don't tell people it's okay to break the rules.

No - not allowed in regardless of the time of day. Now obviously some people do, but it's against the rules.

Sailed for the first time on the Independence after my husband died. Took my friend in once for morning coffee. Concierge was at his desk and asked to see her Seapass card. He explained that she was not allowed. I hadn't given it much thought. I knew she wasn't allowed at night, but didn't think about a cup of coffee.

I didn't mean for breakfast.

There usually is no one in the lounge after breakfast until around 4pm.

We often pop in for a coffee or hot chocolate in the afternoon and there never is anyone there.

We were in a JS on Independence before we became D+ and entered the CL. The concierge was in and acknowledged us but never asked to see our cards.

I didn't mean for breakfast.

There usually is no one in the lounge after breakfast until around 4pm.

We often pop in for a coffee or hot chocolate in the afternoon and there never is anyone there.

I was not talking about breakfast. DL and CL are for people who have earned the privilege. Full or empty it's not for other guests.

We were in a JS on Independence before we became D+ and entered the CL. The concierge was in and acknowledged us but never asked to see our cards.

I am sure - you opened the door with your card - no one questioned. Maybe we were just unlucky. I think on the Independence (and similar ships) with the outside step entrance that people do slip in to get coffee. Probably picked a time when concierge decided to check.

I was not talking about breakfast. DL and CL are for people who have earned the privilege. Full or empty it's not for other guests.

We have never invited anyone in i was just saying like in your case when you brought someone in inadvertently if you call in out of concierge hours the lounge is usually empty so a tea or coffee is not harming anyone.