Transited deposit

willow949

When did you make the deposit? Was it this summer and/or under the "Snap" promotion??? Those were non-refundable and since at least most "transfers" are in fact cancellations of the original cruise and booking a whole new cruise, you may have a problem with that.

If you have a refundable cruise deposit down for March 2018 -- you are well before Final Payment Day and your deposit is refundable, therefore "transferable".

To determine what your options are, you need to talk to whoever you made the reservations with -- be it travel agent, Personal Cruise Consultant, or a reservation agent on HAL's 800-number. For the latter two, have your reservation code handy!

has anyone have a chance to transfer a deposit to another sailing by Hal that is more $$? Or is the deposit non transferable? Trips are not until March 2018.

As above, "transferable" will depend on the type of fare you booked.

I recently had experience doing just this with a nonrefundable deposit direct with HAL. The rep did have to talk to her management to see if it was allowed. I had bought insurance at the time of original booking. I spent $50 extra per cabin in fare and had to buy insurance again. Did I waste some money? Yes. But this itinerary is more interesting and it was the price drop on the new cruise at the time of the change that made it possible and palatable.

has anyone have a chance to transfer a deposit to another sailing by Hal that is more $$? Or is the deposit non transferable? Trips are not until March 2018.

Since HAL will make the final decision on this matter, I strongly suggest that you (or your TA) contact HAL as soon as possible in order to get a resolution early enough that you can make alternative plans if needed. No matter how well-intentioned CCers may be, none of us can give you an answer that will bind HAL.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship: