Cancellation Policy for upcoming cruises before final payment

Beach Life 1

I was under the impression you could cancel a cruise before final payment was made with no penalty. Reading the NCL website, I now see that if your cruise is within 119-90 days out, there is a 25% penalty, and 89-56 days out, there is a 50% penalty, and so on. I was waiting until final payment to see how the itineraries change for Southern Caribbean (my final payment is due October 7th), thinking there would be no penalty if I decide to cancel before that. Now, as I read it, I will have to pay a 25% penalty. I know it's sad that there are so many people that have lost so much in the Caribbean, but I think it's also upsetting not to know where a Cruise is going, and that people that have saved for a long time (some, for years) to go on a special cruise will lose a lot of money to cancel, or go on a Cruise they really do not want to go on. Has anyone cancelled after 120 days because of changes in itineraries recently, and did you have to pay a penalty?

I will call NCL. I was just wondering if anyone has cancelled before final payment and what the outcome was.

Thanks everyone

If you cancel before final payment is due, you get 100% of your money back. People do it all the time. That is why they have a set policy so people know.

Unless you are in a REAL suite, you were reading the days wrong. 120 Days for real suites, 90 days for the rest.

The post does not specify mini-suite - which it should and how it is classified. To be honest, I would not want to call it... too confusing.

If you cancel before final payment is due, you get 100% of your money back.

Unless you are in a REAL suite, you were reading the days wrong. 120 Days for real suites, 90 days for the rest.

The post does not specify mini-suite - which it should and how it is classified. To be honest, I would not want to call it... too confusing.

You made me laugh! That is exactly what I was thinking. This may be the 1 time that the mini is considered a suite!! ;p

I was under the impression you could cancel a cruise before final payment was made with no penalty. Reading the NCL website, I now see that if your cruise is within 119-90 days out, there is a 25% penalty, and 89-56 days out, there is a 50% penalty, and so on. I was waiting until final payment to see how the itineraries change for Southern Caribbean (my final payment is due October 7th), thinking there would be no penalty if I decide to cancel before that. Now, as I read it, I will have to pay a 25% penalty. I know it's sad that there are so many people that have lost so much in the Caribbean, but I think it's also upsetting not to know where a Cruise is going, and that people that have saved for a long time (some, for years) to go on a special cruise will lose a lot of money to cancel, or go on a Cruise they really do not want to go on. Has anyone cancelled after 120 days because of changes in itineraries recently, and did you have to pay a penalty?

If you look at the chart https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule Cancellation Schedule for Booking Made on or After March 30,2017

You will notice there is 3 sections 1- The Haven Suites, Suites, Garden Villas and Holiday Sailings**

2- 1-6 Days

3- 7 days or more

you have to look at #3 7days or more for your cruise

You have until October 7th 90 days before cruise to cancel without penalty

We are on the same cruise I think it's to early to know which island that are going to be cancelled there is still 5 ports are are not damaged they could change some port and add other port like Martinique , St Kitts and Grenada for example

Betsy51556 from our roll call quotes

Just got off the Breakaway today and they seam to think islands will be up and running, I will believe when I see it but NCL is helping them get things fixed up!

Join us on the roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373344&page=36

Edited by Orleanscruiser

If you look at the chart https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule Cancellation Schedule for Booking Made on or After March 30,2017

You will notice there is 3 sections 1- The Haven Suites, Suites, Garden Villas and Holiday Sailings**

2- 1-6 Days

3- 7 days or more

you have to look at #3 7days or more for your cruise

You have until October 7th 90 days before cruise to cancel without penalty

We are on the same cruise I think it's to early to know which island that are going to be cancelled there is still 5 ports are are not damaged they could change some port and add other port like Martinique , St Kitts and Grenada for example

Betsy51556 from our roll call quotes

Just got off the Breakaway today and they seam to think islands will be up and running, I will believe when I see it but NCL is helping them get things fixed up!

Join us on the roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373344&page=36

Hoping they will just change a few ports and not switch to Western Caribbean. I will wait until just before final payment to see if there is any more info. Thanks

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule This is what I found. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, when did you sail on the Anthem and how did I you like it?

Back on topic, these rules are for direct NCL bookings in the united states. Travel agents may charge penalties based upon your agreement with them. Reservations made through international NCL sites often have cancellation penalties from the day you book.