Have we just been lucky or are people really that picky?

briehon

I have sailed on 4 different cruise lines, Carnival, Royal, Disney and a River Cruise. Amawaterways. We consider ourselves foodies. And kind of food snobs...I never eat fast food or at a chain restaurant unless desperate. HOWEVER, I read many of the reviews and comments here and see the words “inedible” and “horrible” to describe cruisers feelings about food in the WJ and MDR. Yes, some food does not appeal to me (rarely do I eat a pasta dish at the WJ) but I have never gotten a meal on a cruise that was inedible or horrible. I’ve said the words “just okay” to describe a dish but come on, am I lucky or are people that picky/critical?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love their food, and would never complain about it! I'd prefer if they had more of a variety of vegetables rather than just the starchy types, but we've been on 7 Royal cruises and have had nothing but the best time!

You are missing out on a great experience.

That may be, but the high costs could be used to go out to a nicer restaurant at home instead of cooking/cleaning for ourselves. If somebody is willing to cook/clean and I get a decent meal, it is (almost) always better than doing it myself.

That may be, but the high costs could be used to go out to a nicer restaurant at home instead of cooking/cleaning for ourselves. If somebody is willing to cook/clean and I get a decent meal, it is (almost) always better than doing it myself.

Agreed. Every MDR we have been is as nice as any restaurant we find in our town. And our town of Southington CT has more than any in Connecticut, lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Actually for us it is. On a cruise or in a restaurant at home, if the food we are paying for is not is not served at the right temperature it gets sent back immediately.

Agreed! I do think they have gotten a tad better. Was actually able to eat in WJ last May. When the food is hot, it's not bad...not 5 star (not advertised to be), but I'm not sending it back...

I have had bad food on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I just don't run around screaming (or posting), "Royal Caribbean's food is inedible!"

Ha I actually agree with you on that...I've had food I didn't particularly care for, but I just don't get it again... Most stuff I do like. Nuff said.

I hate the term "foodie" but I like food. :)

The specialty restaurants I have eaten at on board are on par with quality restaurants I eat at on land.

The main dining room and Windjammer is more on par with eating at a banquet. They're just trying to crank out as much as they can as fast as they can. It's not bad, but it's not always great.

I adjust my standards accordingly. If budget allows, I book more specialty dining than MDR and stick to the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch.