How best to manage the buffet with my disabled Mom

When I go with my mom, we look together at the options, then find a table. She tells me what she wants and I go get it.

Like others have said, there's usually wait staff or other passengers that will lend a hand. It's been awhile since we we've been on her, but the Grandeur staff has always been by far the most helpful we've worked with, so by day 2 they might see you coming and start walking over to offer assistance

Why don’t you skip the Buffet and eat in the dining room where she can order what she likes and be waited on without fighting the crowds. The servers will treat her like a queen and you can all have a peaceful and restful meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The dining room is only open on sea days, so not an option.

My husband is disabled, but can walk short distances, and I usually get some food for him and he will occasionally go up and look for himself. I love the idea of taking photos with my phone to show him what is available. I think he will like that also.

I always find it a problem when it is busy so try to find quiet slots to visit WJ if I can.

If my mobility problems are particularly bad, my wife brings the food. Sometimes we share from a selection of plates. Usually she will check out what's there and report back. If I do decide to go and explore myself, a member of staff often helps to carry my plate.

I have also travelled with other members of family with restricted mobility. The system of getting mobile members of our group to get food/drinks for the rest works well in our case.