Pack N Play

Does any one have picture of a pack n play in an interior room. DW and I are debating upgrading, depending on how crapped it looks/is. Thanks in advance!

I don't, but there would be no room to walk to the bathroom. That's a tight space!

Depends on what ship and where the room is. On the Enchantment, Grandeur and I think a few others there are inside rooms that are set sideways (7015) and the pack and play works well in those since you can put it in front of the closet between that and the bathroom wall. On most other ships you can place it at the end of the bed but it's a trick to get out of bed (basically you have to use only one side) to use the bathroom.

That said we had one in a room on the Monarch (talk about no space) and it worked ok for a short cruise.

Another thing you might want to think about is how sound does you child sleep? If they wake easily it might be better to get a larger cabin (such as a balcony) and place the pack and play in front of the couch (and you can continue conversation, drink out on the balcony.) If they sleep past anything then save the $ as the extra space really doesn't give total privacy and you can use that $ to pay for the nursery. (BTW we loved the nursery we would take our child just before dinner bringing bottles with us and they would feed her and she wouldn't have to sit with us in the dining room.) Also they would turn the lights off and let the kids sleep most of the night away.

I have twins and my first few cruises I had two cribs inside my Inside or Balcony rooms- unless you are willing to pony up for a Minisuite or higher the space wont make a difference.

We Asked for one Pack n Play to be collapsed during the Day So We Could Move Around Easier, but It Wont work for you if your little one needs naps during the day. Just know it sucks, but it can be done, furniture may need to be moved. Requests to move out furniture will be met with requests to their supervisors, who will get back to you three days later. Basically they will not move out furniture as there is no where else to store it.

You can move furniture around a bit, and depending on the layout of the room, maybe push the bed up against the wall on one side and put the PNP next to the bed with both nightstands.

I have a friend who travels solo, and he was complaining about the tiny little walkway on each side of the bed -- I told him to move both nightstands to the same side, and push the bed against the opposite wall, and he said it worked a treat. This was for the layout where the end of the bed was facing the couch/desk area.

With the layout where the side of the bed faces the couch/desk area, you could move the coffee table alongside the side of the bed and put the PNP in front of the couch. And you could still push the bed to the far wall and put both nightstands on the same side to allow more room in the desk/couch area for the PNP.

Balcony rooms really aren't larger than an interior in most cases, so you'd probably have to at least quadruple your costs by going up to a Junior Suite if you want something "roomy".