Clarification required: Champagne with Premium DP Celebrity Silhouette - Yea or Nay?

Bozzie67

I am sorry, but I recall working for The Wine Spectrum a division of the Coca Cola company ... only lasted a few years... I was actually the product manager on Great Western Champagne.... yes we called it Champagne. Apparently the US never signed whatever agreement that required countries to recognize that Champagne could only come from the Champagne region of France. Anyway, after our division was sold off the Seagrams we decided one afternoon during the transition period (none of us were planning on moving to NYC), to do a taste testing of our Naturel brand... which was produced using the methode champenoise... process (fermented in the original bottle)... compared to the real thing and California sparklings. Honestly we preferred the fake champagnes... the real ones had too much of a yeasty quality. Now it could be that we consumed far too much of each one to be able to evaluate properly and well we did consume quite a bit (no spitting out on this tasting)....but it was one fun afternoon I will tell you that.

A lot of Americans might not realise but we do produce wine here in England. Some of our sparkling white wines have also beaten the real thing in blind tastings in France with French judges! Though you'll not find them aboard Celebrity ships and certainly not in the premium package. This is just one of several stories over the last few years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/20/english-sparkling-wine-beats-champagne-in-paris-blind-tasting/

The Treaty of Versailles. You signed it but never ratified it. Back then the French didn't really care as Prohibition was going to curtail any US Sparkling making anyway. I think you guys finally agreed to it in 2005.

So they did agree to it! I have been out of this category since the 80's, and things have changed...

So they did agree to it! I have been out of this category since the 80's, and things have changed...

They agreed to it but with stipulations (of course) apparently if you had used it for decades, you could keep using it by law but most don't now out of respect for the label. Same as Port, Sherry, Burgundy, etc.

Trolling up and down the forum but I can seem to find a definitive answer! My question is this... Is champagne available at most Celebrity (Silhouette) Bars and doe it come included by the glass in the Premium Drinks Package? I am aware of the $ cap per drink, but does this allowance fully cover Champagne or will Mrs B have to change to a Cava or Prosecco?

Have you taken a look at the included 'labels' (which may not be available on all sailings) at X's website?

Also, not all brands listed may not be available at all bars, lounges, restaurants or other venues where alcohol may be served at any time.

bon voayge