Breakaway Thermal Spa Pass

MotherofTrips

I am considering getting a Thermal Spa Pass and I am wondering if it would be worth it.

What hours are the Spa open?

Traveling out of New York in November. Would you recommend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the Spa, its open from 8am -10pm last time I was on. The last night is closes at 8pm. Look into a Spa Balcony if you have regular balcony it the upgrade might be worth it.

We upgraded to a spa balcony from an inside cabin twice. It was much more economical and enjoyable. Spa balcony has a few of it's own perks. Totally recommend it!

Can you elaborate? My husband was looking into this and thought it may be cheaper to just buy the pass from the cabin we have.

I am going November 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely buy the pass! The first time we sailed on the BA that particular week, I bough DH and I passes 15 minutes into the sail away! Too many kids, we avoided the main pool area and enjoyed the solace of the spa pool.

Can you elaborate? My husband was looking into this and thought it may be cheaper to just buy the pass from the cabin we have.

Spa Balcony........same size as a regular balcony. They are on deck 14 of the BA. You have access to the Thermal Spa. No other perks included.

You can look at the price difference from your cabin and buying a spa pass vs booking a Spa Balcony. Sometimes its cheaper to book the spa balcony

I am a BA Thermal Spa fan. I get my pass when i book the cruise (slightly cheaper than buying it onboard). It can be busy on sea days from say 11-2, but otherwise it is generally one of the truly peaceful places on the ship. There's a Salt Room and three different kinds of saunas plus the pool and jacuzzi. And its adults only.

Defiantly a spa pass fan. Just got off the Breakaway and we got our passes with our room ( spa balcony suite). It was very worth it. Our cruise had very little kids on it so the main pools weren't to crowded but the 20-25 yr old crowd was big and often loud for our liking. The spa is a nice quiet place to relax and we never had a problem getting into the hot tub or pool. The only negative is their is no direct sun light. I wish it had some type of small open area to lay. Evening it is somewhere else on the ship.

The locker rooms were also very nice and provided towels and robes so you don't have to bring anything from you room. It also had water available.

As far as the room the only real difference is in the bathroom. It was bigger with double sinks and the shower was bigger and had a spa head. It was also always stocked with spa type shampoo,conditioner,body wash, and lotion besides the normal soap thing hanging on the shower wall.

I recommend upgrading to the spa cabin if the price is close enough and you can afford it.

Defiantly a spa pass fan. Just got off the Breakaway and we got our passes with our room ( spa balcony suite). It was very worth it. Our cruise had very little kids on it so the main pools weren't to crowded but the 20-25 yr old crowd was big and often loud for our liking. The spa is a nice quiet place to relax and we never had a problem getting into the hot tub or pool. The only negative is their is no direct sun light. I wish it had some type of small open area to lay. Evening it is somewhere else on the ship.

The locker rooms were also very nice and provided towels and robes so you don't have to bring anything from you room. It also had water available.

As far as the room the only real difference is in the bathroom. It was bigger with double sinks and the shower was bigger and had a spa head. It was also always stocked with spa type shampoo,conditioner,body wash, and lotion besides the normal soap thing hanging on the shower wall.

I recommend upgrading to the spa cabin if the price is close enough and you can afford it.

Thank you for this! My husband got the pass last cruise and he loved it, so we just upgraded to a spa balcony for our trip next month. Didn't know this about the room - I was hesitant about it only because I love SUN, but my husband made a few great points (leaving from NYC in late November we won't have much at the beginning and end, the steam room will help us with potential hangovers, etc LOL) One other thing I heard is the separate spa access from the spa balconies, but haven't been able to find any pics. Could you share more info on that?