Celebrity Reflection Question about Dinning with Sky Suite

cruiseten

I plan to go on a cruise soon and I'm a bit confused about all the information about dinning. (maybe some of it is outdated maybe not but either way its a bit confusing).

My goal is to try all the dinning restaurants once. What would be the most cost efficient way to go about it?

From my understanding they got rid of UDP and others so you have to use their new one.

On here it says the charge is 45$ for the restaurants:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7423

While here it says some like The Porch is 25$ and Murano is 50$

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Tradeshow_in_a_Box/12029863_CEL_SpecialtyDining_Pricing_Flyer.pdf

So how exactly do I chose which ones the dinner credit from the package is counted on? and how many days do I need to get?

There is also ones like BLU which from my understanding I can get into if I ask? Is it paid or is it included as part of suite?

It is my first time cruising with Celebrity (So far been with norweign, princess, carnival)

Sorry if my questions may be silly or obvious, maybe by sickness is causing my brain not to function, who knows (Luckily it is before the cruise, not on the cruise like last cruise I went to)

Your assigned dining room is Luminae if you're in a sky suite. We love it. No assigned times or tables. Go when you want.

We like to go to a couple of the specialties and we ask for a discount. We don't go enough to get a package. Luminae is fabulous. They'll customize for you.

Blu is good - it's the assigned dining room for Aqua Class rooms. But suites can eat there on a space available basis. I think you won't want to go with Luminae.

I think you're going to be really happy.

Your assigned dining room is Luminae if you're in a sky suite. We love it. No assigned times or tables. Go when you want.

We like to go to a couple of the specialties and we ask for a discount. We don't go enough to get a package. Luminae is fabulous. They'll customize for you.

Blu is good - it's the assigned dining room for Aqua Class rooms. But suites can eat there on a space available basis. I think you won't want to go with Luminae.

I think you're going to be really happy.

Thanks for the answer.

I plan to eat most of the time at Luminae, just wanted to try everything at least once.

How do we go about asking for a discount? Is the discount random or they have a set discount price?

We enjoy Michael's Club and Luminae very much. With that said we try and go to the specialty restaurant at lunch time. When you stop in MC for a coffee or drink look for the specialty restaurant menus. Talk to the concierge in Michael's Club or your butler about when specialty restaurant are open for lunch. If you dont see the just ask. My favorite is The Porch for lunch. Our next cruise is on Refection. I'm planning to try The Lawn Club Grill.

One of the many nice things about Luminae is you can order off the MDR menu. I always look at both menus. Luminae is only open for lunch on embarkation day and sea days. If I remember right Luminae only has one lunch menu, so check out the MDR lunch menu also.

Thanks for the answer.

I plan to eat most of the time at Luminae, just wanted to try everything at least once.

How do we go about asking for a discount? Is the discount random or they have a set discount price?

Discounts are based on sales and available. So on some cruises there may be better discounts than others. On one of our cruises after the first day only one of the speciality restaurants was offering a discount. On another cruise 30% discount seemed standard for all but Murano's and a few guests had reported 2 for the price of one....

You can try one of three things....either book a 4 night package pre cruise on line (usually 20% discount).

Or see one of the M'D on boarding and ask the price for a 4 night package and negotiate, being willing to walk away if you are not happy. If you have lots of OBC this is probably a better option for you than booking on line.

Or start negotiating independently each restaurant. This may get you the best results but it may also restrict your dining options (time and day). There are usually 'vendors' outside Oceanview daily offering reductions....When you start negotiating here you can often move from booking one to more restaurants....

Personally when we have decided pre cruise to purchase 4 nights of dining we have simply gone with the pre cruise package, seen a M'D on boarding and secured the exact times and days for each venue and then just enjoyed. If you enjoy the 'haggle' and are not bothered which nights you eat where then go for it, you probably will save more....

Again, from a personal perspective we book the Speciality restaurants on specific nights. Tuscan we will look to book an early evening as we leave a port so we can enjoy the wake view, Murano's we book on a sea day so we have more energy to enjoy what is a longer meal....

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy!

You can now use your on board credit to book dining packages from home, no need to wait until on the ship.

Luminae has at least 3 different lunch menus, the only constant on them is the Luminae Burger.

Holiday cruises do not offer too many discounts on specialty restaurants because they are pretty busy and don't need to.

Ask the Luminae maitre'd or hostess to get the best deal they can for you in whichever restaurant(s) you want to go to. You may have to be flexible to get the best deals. We have always been able to choose our times but some days are better than others for discounts.

Thanks for the replies, if I order the package for a few nights, do I have to chose which nights in advanced? Or do I use it whenever I wish?

Would I still be paying 45$ - 20% for The Porch under the package?

If you prebooked as you board there will be a card in your room for the first or second night at the time you filled in on line. If you want to change this day/time/venue go to see one of the speciality M'Ds or go to one of the Speciality restaurant stands. They will change it for you. At the same time you can slot in your other bookings.

Just like shoreside restaurants they will be full at certain times not others....If guests arrive at a restaurant and ask to dine they may be fitted in, they may be asked to come back later or they may be simply told no spaces that night. Sometimes a large group may be booked into a restaurant which then really reduces the number of other covers.

The reason that they do offer discounts is to fill the 'quiet times'. If you don't book your meals in you may later in the cruise struggle to get in at all, or only be offered a certain time. In our experience Murano's is the restaurant that is most likely to be fully booked.

If you want some flexibility I suggest you still make provisional bookings on boarding then if you change your mind later in the cruise ask the M'D if you can make a change.....If they can they will. Your butler can help you make changes to bookings.

You would still be paying $45 minus 20% for the porch if you book the 4 night package. Please check on line that this package is definitely available for your particular cruise.

Edited by chemmo