Grand Princess Inside Cabin closets? Are they all tiny?

jennybenny

We've sailed on the Grand a number of times. We've done inside and ocean view (window), and balcony rooms but we've repeated our interior cabin multiple times, on Plaza. Are all Inside rooms equipped with a tiny closet? It's adequate for a party of 2 but we cruise with our family of 4, and it's really not enough space for 4 on a 15 day cruise. Our next cruise is on Caribe deck, on the Grand, in an inside room. I'm hoping the closets might be bigger, but no idea. Anyone know how the closets are on C234? Just curious, we won't be changing our cabin but we are crossing fingers they are a smidgen larger, similar to other cabins.

Thanks,

Jenny

The Grand was the 1st of the "Grand Class" ships and was launched in 1998. Except for suites and mini suites, all the closets are small. Princess redesigned the bathrooms on subsequent Grand Class ships, allowing for the larger closets.

I just looked at cabin diagrams for the Grand, Star, Emerald and Caribbean P--all of which we've been on over the last few years. They ALL show closets 1/2 the size we experienced (usually OV on Plaza, sometimes on Emerald). The bathroom is also configured differently than before. The 6-8' long closet was opposite the bathroom, with a cabinet w/shelves & safe at the end of the "hall" between the closet and the bath. As you entered the cabin this unit of bath and closet was immediately on one's right or left (usually to the right on our cruises). We were on the Caribbean 3x in 2016-Jan 2017 and this was the way it was. I can't believe they would have changed out this area on all these ships in just a few years. FYI, the bathroom looks to be larger, at the expense of the closet. Finally, the bedroom in the diagram is also laid out differently--it looks like the few Inside cabins we've had--bed under the window, desk/storage opposite the bed/window (and backing up to closet/bath area). We've had the bed against a side wall with the desk/storage opposite. I'm beginning to think they're showing just one configuration and not the ones we've experienced firsthand--strange!

Thank you all for your replies!

We are taking cubes and a closet hanger to help with storage.

Pam, your photo captures the tiny closet perfectly!

I agree that being that the Grand was the first of its class that they fixed the issues on other ships. The closet was not a problem on the Emerald or Ruby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk