Escape repositioning?

dogboy

How do you know this- that ship is sailing empty.

Given the date it leaves Miami, and the date it arrives in New York, there is no possible way they could operate a cruise, since there has to be at least one international port stop. I also have friends who work onboard who have confirmed as they are excited because they finally get a break to enjoy the ship to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you know this- that ship is sailing empty.

look at the Escape schedule:

Last Day at Miami is April 20

First Day at NYC is April 22

that gives the ship about 2 days to go from Florida to New York. There is not enough room in this schedule to do a cruise, so it is best to have the ship sail empty. Almost all cruise lines do this when they re-position ships from NY and Florida.

Given the date it leaves Miami, and the date it arrives in New York, there is no possible way they could operate a cruise, since there has to be at least one international port stop. I also have friends who work onboard who have confirmed as they are excited because they finally get a break to enjoy the ship to themselves.

Still doesn't make sense, Too easy to stop in Bermuda or Bahamas. Also, NCL giving the staff a break so they can can get a little vacation is waaaay different than anything I've seen or heard. They work those men and women to exhaustion.

Still doesn't make sense, Too easy to stop in Bermuda or Bahamas. Also, NCL giving the staff a break so they can can get a little vacation is waaaay different than anything I've seen or heard. They work those men and women to exhaustion.

Those are not distant foreign ports so don't count.

The ship leaves on the 20th, and arrives in NYC the 22nd... there is NO possible way to stop anywhere. Never said it was intentionally done to give them a break, I said they are excited they finally will be getting a break.

There's no doubt they'll be working the whole 2 days at sea. Deep cleaning, changing things around, remodeling, etc. It'll be a 24/7 remodel at sea.

They sure do count. If they didn't, how would NCL operate Bermuda cruises, with just a stop in Bermuda?

Because those are closed loop cruises. The rules are different for cruises that start and end in different US ports.

We were on the Getaway after it was floating hotel for the superbowl in NYC. They operated a one way to Bahamas, kicked off all of the pax, and then continued on to FL with crew only. So similar situation, but with enough time for one stop, which wasn't far enough away to be 'legal' with 2 different US ports. Since it was a very last minute cruise addition, and with pax needing to fly home from Bahamas, it was a ghost ship. Crew out numbered us by about 3 to 1 lol. It was kind of awesome, but the crew did seem a bit bored.