Norwegian Breakaway Berlin Port Complaint

737swapilot

This is my question: Do travel agents not exist in Europe? We have them here in the States, and they take care of all this for you, find you the best rates, and (as a rule) don't charge a fee.

yes there are indeed lots of travel agents here in UK including on every high street

However we have stopped using them for several reasons

they charge a fee up to 5% for paying by credit card

final payment is a month before that required by booking direct with NCL

I usually know more about cruising than they do

and finally I enjoy planning it all myself

• 1 month later...

We are taking the Aug. 2018 Baltic cruise on Norwegian out of Warnemunde. Since most transatlantic flights to Europe are overnight, arriving in Berlin in late morning/early afternoon, we've decided to fly in a day early and catch the TXL bus to the train station. We're booking a hotel across the street and spending the afternoon in Berlin. Deutschebahn has a direct train (no transfers) leaving Berlin at 8:00 a.m. getting into Warnemunde at 11:00 or so for less than 50 Euros the next morning. When we get to Warnemunde, we plan on embarking with our luggage and then (depending on muster time) immediately leaving the ship to spend the afternoon/evening in Warnemunde/Rostock as the ship doesn't leave port until 9 or 10.

• 1 month later...
We found this too, thought we would fly into Berlin...thinking it was close, but on doing some research found that Berlin was nowhere near the port, ( though the port is labelled 'Berlin' in the brochure!!) so did a bit of homework and decided to fly into Hamburg, which is closer, but, looked into it a bit more and final decision was to fly into Copenhagen.... which suits us perfectly, and board from there!!! So now we are leaving from NZ 4 days earlier than originally planned, so we can spend a few days recovering from jetlag and exploring Copenhagen before our cruise!!!! Very excited, first cruise for us kiwi gals!!!!

We are on Baltic cruise in Aug 2018 as well. Originally thought we'd board in Berlin/Warnemunde but after researching, decided to pick up cruise in Copenhagen. However, we will still be going to Berlin on our own for a few days before Copenhagen so we can see this beautiful city (never been there). Then when the ship ports in Warnemunde on day 2, we will just spend day touring Warnemunde and Rostock. A lot of passengers will be on shore excursions taking train or bus 3 hrs each way to Berlin.

• 2 weeks later...
What were they supposed to "say"? The cruise line is NOT responsible for you getting to the ship. Didn't you figure out how you were getting there before you booked?

No kidding. I am still not sure what his exact and over-blown gripe is?

As mentioned, NCL has NO responsibility to get you to your port. You seem rather indignant and honestly you're coming across like a child. I really hope you can calm down and get this sorted out.

Why Hamburg and not Berlin ?

It's closer from what NCL told me. I just called , cancelled and rebooked starting from Copenhagen and truly my fault as I dam know Berlin is no where near water

• 4 months later...

Returned from cruise a few weeks ago. The kicker was they were offering transport back to Berlin for 55 or 85 euro I can’t remember. How is it that the same train they were offering for one way was over 400 round trip, otherwise it was a great ship and decent service.