Norwegian Breakaway Berlin Port Complaint

737swapilot

There are 17 of us, we have family that lives in St. Petersburg, I'm scrambling trying to find another cruise during the same time, I just found a private bus that will do it for 170 pp in Euros but I would have stomach using Norwegian :)

The problem is that they never said anything in the beginning

What were they supposed to "say"? The cruise line is NOT responsible for you getting to the ship. Didn't you figure out how you were getting there before you booked?

So far they say it's warnemunde,

My gripe is 1. They won't let me change departure ports without having to cancel and rebook thereby losing my pricing. And most importantly my gripe is their unwillingness to work with me. Instead of trying to help me they basically refuse to do anything.

You've been given several options. Flying into Hamburg is closer. and easy to take the train to the port.

First off relax (I know it is easy for me to say). We were on this itinerary (Getaway) this past summer, and loved it.

Although we did leave out of Copenhagen, we met many people that boarded in Warnemunde/Rostock. A number of them took the train, some hired private cars, and I spoke to one couple that drove.

As you do your research you will quickly discover that finding your own means of travel (and excursions) will be a lot cheaper, and many times better than what NCL has to offer. It is still a little early, but sign up on your Roll Call - some other fellow passengers may be in the same situation and already can suggest a few options. As someone above suggested, also look at the thread on the Baltic ports. [Caveat: note the new restrictions for private tours in St. Petersburg.]

Since we did not leave out of Germany I did not look for it, but was there a transfer option available by NCL from Berlin to the port and they have since removed it?

Another question, did you inquire about flights out of LaGuardia?

Norwegian wants $1200 per person round trip yes that is correct 1200 for round trip transfer! This is why I am upset.

Why Hamburg and not Berlin ?

Because Hamburg is a slightly closer costal city near the coast, Berlin is ways inland. Getting the train in Hamburg is easier too. Not that Berlin isn’t an amazing city. It is my favourite city in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Hamburg is a slightly closer costal city near the coast, Berlin is ways inland. Getting the train in Hamburg is easier too. Not that Berlin isn’t an amazing city. It is my favourite city in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx

Wow, that is strange that the 2018 Baltic cruise is labelled as being from "Berlin/Warnemunde." They are several hours apart. We took the same cruise this past summer on the Getaway and it was available from Copenhagen, Warnemunde, or Rostock. We sailed from Copenhagen and when we docked in Rostock (where other passengers boarded), the train was right next to our ship. People were riding it to Berlin for the day as a shore excursion and it was three hours each way (we didn't sail until late that night to allow for that).

Warnemunde was very close to Rostock, like a sister city. I'm still confused as to this change in embarkation port for your cruise. So if you fly from the East Coast to Berlin, you are about three hours from Warnemunde where the ship will be. And you said that NCL wants $600pp for that transfer (one way)? That does seem really high. Is that by train? I ask because on our cruise, the shore excursion from Rostock to Berlin by train wasn't that much per person. You are just looking to get to the ship.

Wow, that is strange that the 2018 Baltic cruise is labelled as being from "Berlin/Warnemunde." They are several hours apart. We took the same cruise this past summer on the Getaway and it was available from Copenhagen, Warnemunde, or Rostock. We sailed from Copenhagen and when we docked in Rostock (where other passengers boarded), the train was right next to our ship. People were riding it to Berlin for the day as a shore excursion and it was three hours each way (we didn't sail until late that night to allow for that).

Warnemunde was very close to Rostock, like a sister city. I'm still confused as to this change in embarkation port for your cruise. So if you fly from the East Coast to Berlin, you are about three hours from Warnemunde where the ship will be. And you said that NCL wants $600pp for that transfer (one way)? That does seem really high. Is that by train? I ask because on our cruise, the shore excursion from Rostock to Berlin by train wasn't that much per person. You are just looking to get to the ship.

if you look at all itineraries Berlin on Baltic cruises Warnemunde is the actual port and you need to research/realise that is 2 hours away from Berlin

we are sailing from Warnemude next year and planning several days pre cruise in Berlin before taking train at a much cheaper option

If I were to do this trip again (we sailed out of Copenhagen), I would go to Berlin and spend a few days. That being said, I would not think that NCL was responsible for getting me to the port of Warnemunde, three hours away. I would research my options myself and decide what is best, cheapest, and most efficient.

We rode the train from Warnemunde to Schwerin Castle and back for a SPB day excursion and it was great. The same regarding pricing goes for excursions in St. Petersburg. NCL excursions were way more expensive even than a private tour we arranged thru SPB Tours. You have plenty of time to figure out alternatives.

Edited by Seminole1975

Trains in Europe are a great option, fast, cheap and efficient. Not sure why this would NCL fault, their website clearly states where they sail from. It’s down to each passenger to research this and make the choice. They’ve not changed or hidden this info.

Enjoy the cruise

Trains in Europe are a great option, fast, cheap and efficient. Not sure why this would NCL fault, their website clearly states where they sail from. It’s down to each passenger to research this and make the choice. They’ve not changed or hidden this info.

Enjoy the cruise

They clearly state every port EXCEPT Berlin!

Norwegian wants $1200 per person round trip yes that is correct 1200 for round trip transfer! This is why I am upset.

So find your own transfer. NCL is in the business of providing cruises, not transfers.

So find your own transfer. NCL is in the business of providing cruises, not transfers.

Really, so why provide transfers from EVERY OTHER PORT except Berlin.

Take a look at their website under planing for your cruise, then go to airport transfers and tell me again how they are not in the business of providing transfers

They possibly don't have a transfer from Berlin, because it is 155 miles from Berlin to the port and as they quoted you, very expensive.

Oh my!

That's why I started this thread, it total BS that they are not upfront about this when you are booking this itinerary!

Oh my!

That's why I started this thread, it total BS that they are not upfront about this when you are booking this itinerary!

I don't understand why you are so upset, they don't have to offer anyone a transfer at any port, if they choose not to and obviously they don't for Berlin to port and if it wasn't on their website under transfers, they were upfront about not offering it. Folks have given you a number of transportation options, so now you can pick one and you will be able to be transported from Berlin to the port. Hope you have a great cruise.

I don't understand why you are so upset, they don't have to offer anyone a transfer at any port, if they choose not to and obviously they don't for Berlin to port and if it wasn't on their website under transfers, they were upfront about not offering it. Folks have given you a number of transportation options, so now you can pick one and you will be able to be transported from Berlin to the port. Hope you have a great cruise.

Never mind

Hire a bus. Split the cost among every person in your group regardless of age

Or take the train and whatever local transport you need to get to the ship

Will it be costly?

Probably ....because it's a long drive by car/bus

But there is the train alternative

Is there any real reason why all 17 of you need to travel in the same manner?

Honestly just work it out and btw Baltic cruises are very expensive

Sent from my iPad using Forums