Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

Asked guest services about the drink card and was told it's 10 drinks for $85+18% and you can get the card anytime from any of the bars on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only on day 4? Btw just now reading. Love your review so far! Going in Dec. where did you book the shuttle from airport to pier? We are now flying in day of because of hotel situation

I almost forgot to post tonight's entertainment. It was Invitation to Dance. Tomorrow we arrive in Antigua at 8:00am. Breakfast in dining room then I'm going to Jolly Beach Resort to spend the day.

0f9c62c873c2dff72efcd889289d906c.jpg

3a380ad8da8aa6b8b569143fed4684a4.jpg

2e407218fc964f4fe3674fc9eeafd2dc.jpg

681e94c2e597b58e55627fc293d3329b.jpg

bc7fca0b12b69c8b0416196c29052d3c.jpg

1e848bfc56568dcbf8e6b9eadda26b96.jpg

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a major planner. You may have already answered but I'm catching up as fast as I can. How was Invatation yo Dance and do you get a towel animal each night? I love them.

The shuttle from the airport was arranged with Royal Caribbean.

I like all the shows, invitation to dance was like watching dancing with the stars and towel animals 5 out of the 7 nights.

Thank you! What time do you have to. Be off the ship?

Our flight doesn't leave San Juan until 6:15.

Do you know what the latest time is that we can stay on the ship?

I think we would all like to stay on the ship until our flights, but reality says GET OFF! OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO BOARD!

More helpful info here...

The ship has excursions you can book that take you luggage and drop you at the airport.

I am not sure this still exists, but Barrachina, a restaurant in Old San Juan, will store your luggage for free and you can walk around and explore.

The Marriott Stellaris offers day passes.

I think we would all like to stay on the ship until our flights, but reality says GET OFF! OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO BOARD!

More helpful info here...

The ship has excursions you can book that take you luggage and drop you at the airport.

I am not sure this still exists, but Barrachina, a restaurant in Old San Juan, will store your luggage for free and you can walk around and explore.

The Marriott Stellaris offers day passes.

I know that we can't stay on the ship all day! I was just wondering if we could take our time at breakfast and then leave.

We stayed in OSJ five years ago for a few days, so I think we might do the day pass at the Marriott.

Following too, we are onboard Dec 9

mommamia: We will also be at the San Juan Marriott Miramar, but in Dec. Would be great if you could provide an update on conditions while you are there or when you return.

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that the courtyard Marriott miramar cancelled our reservation. We are just flying in on the 11th, the day of the cruise. I hope by your cruise they have things more under control.

All the best to you!

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that the courtyard Marriott miramar cancelled our reservation. We are just flying in on the 11th, the day of the cruise. I hope by your cruise they have things more under control.

All the best to you!

Did they say why they had to cancel? Wondering if they have power problems, or if they are just filled up with the aid workers.

Did they say why they had to cancel? Wondering if they have power problems, or if they are just filled up with the aid workers.

Hi Bob,

Before they canceled us, I spoke with people directly from the hotel front desk and they told me that the hotel was on generators and the staff was minimal. Even the manager was in the kitchen cooking. But every time I spoke with someone there, they assured me that our reservations were fine. Then 2 days after the last time I spoke with someone, I got an email. Here is a quote from it:

Unfortunately, our beautiful Island was directly affected by Hurricane Maria last month. Because of this situation, there are some things that are not running as normal. Limited Service are available as the hotel is working with limited personnel resources. As we continue to work towards recovery, the hotel is not accepting arrivals or new reservations at this time. Regretfully, we are unable to honor your existing reservation.

When I spoke to a girl at the front desk, she said that the hotel is full of relief workers and actual residents of Puerto Rico whose homes were damaged. She also said the hotel is on generators and the conditions are still difficult there. I think that since they can't properly serve their guests, they are canceling people out.

Hi Bob,

Before they canceled us, I spoke with people directly from the hotel front desk and they told me that the hotel was on generators and the staff was minimal. Even the manager was in the kitchen cooking. But every time I spoke with someone there, they assured me that our reservations were fine. Then 2 days after the last time I spoke with someone, I got an email. Here is a quote from it:

Unfortunately, our beautiful Island was directly affected by Hurricane Maria last month. Because of this situation, there are some things that are not running as normal. Limited Service are available as the hotel is working with limited personnel resources. As we continue to work towards recovery, the hotel is not accepting arrivals or new reservations at this time. Regretfully, we are unable to honor your existing reservation.

When I spoke to a girl at the front desk, she said that the hotel is full of relief workers and actual residents of PuertoRico whose homes were damaged. She also said the hotel is on generators and the conditions are still difficult there. I think that since they can't properly serve their guests, they are canceling people out.

Thanks for the info. We've stayed at that hotel many times, and are planning to stay there next year.

• 11 months later...

Hi HappyChippy, not sure if you'll get to catch this post or not but if you see this, want to THANK you and let you know yours is the gift that keeps on giving!!! :) I feel like I just went on your cruise! I'm getting ready for 8 days on the Adventure on November 10th (2018!), and although she's been thru drydock since the time of your review, and we're sailing out of Port Everglades, we'll be visiting a couple of the same ports and I wanted to have a first-hand look at the ship! Thanks for all your hard work, I appreciate everything...I'm even more excited now than I was before!!!