Disembarkation in Galveston

JK3003

Sorry, to hear about your troubles. I don't think it goes by cabin. Just curious. Is First Group disembarkation promised to y'all?

I know how to get off the ship first, but if I post I might get in trouble. I will give a hint. You have to put 'something' in your folio. (When your card gets scan, the Staff can see what it is and give you preference).

No. Cabin, status level or toddler is not it. Actually, I think small children may work against you in this case.

Sorry, to hear about your troubles. I don't think it goes by cabin. Just curious. Is First Group disembarkation promised to y'all?

I know how to get off the ship first, but if I post I might get in trouble. I will give a hint. You have to put 'something' in your folio. (When your card gets scan, the Staff can see what it is and give you preference).

No. Cabin, status level or toddler is not it. Actually, I think small children may work against you in this case.

Nothing was promised. But I would think it would make sense to them as a business to give some consideration to people that are in higher level cabins, have multiple cruises and live more than 20 minutes away. If it was only the once I wouldn't/didn't get that upset about it. Sticking me in the last group twice in a row makes me think the only logic they are using the first letter of my last name. Not saying I deserve group 1 or even 10, but seriously 37 two cruises in a row?

As a point of reference, I think Full Suites were in 4 and Diamonds were in 5.

Either way, they should follow their guidelines for self-carry. I went at my assigned time as I was told to do. If I would've known it was a line up, mob free for all, I would've been down there at 6:45, not 7:45. As I've done on other ships (we've been the first people to clear customs on Oasis).

Edited by OSUZorba

Nothing was promised. But I would think it would make sense to them as a business to give some consideration to people that are in higher level cabins, have multiple cruises and live more than 20 minutes away. If it was only the once I wouldn't/didn't get that upset about it. Sticking me in the last group twice in a row makes me think the only logic they are using the first letter of my last name. Not saying I deserve group 1 or even 10, but seriously 37 two cruises in a row?

As a point of reference, I think Full Suites were in 4 and Diamonds were in 5.

Either way, they should follow their guidelines for self-carry. I went at my assigned time as I was told to do. If I would've known it was a line up, mob free for all, I would've been down there at 6:45, not 7:45. As I've done on other ships (we've been the first people to clear customs on Oasis).

I hope it all works out for you next time. You should call RC to let them know and figure why you get stuck in the last group.

So sorry to hear you had a terrible experience. And you're right that they do not follow the Deck schedule for self-carry. You said that next time you will say your airplane is at noon. Don't think it will make a difference. I told them I had a bus to catch at 10 am sharp so what did they do? Put me in group 27 which was scheduled to exit the ship at 10. Makes zero sense.

• 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Great info. on the flights, thanks.  It's been years since we've flown out of HOU.  What shuttle is everyone talking about that they used?  Would Uber/Lyft work well for just 2 of us?  TIA.

The post you are responding to is 2017. I would say for sure uber is better, though it didnt exist when this thread was posted.

I seem to also remember a bus outside the terminal and you could buy tickets on the spot and when the bus filled it pulled away. Who knows now?

23 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Thanks, firefly.  Appreciate it.  Yeah, I knew it was old but it was all I could find on the subject.  Thanks!

There is a "Gulf Coast Departures" board on Cruise Critic which includes Galveston and there is tons of advice about shuttles, taxis, Uber, etc. Check it out, you'll find it very helpful!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/