Whiners of the world unite..

C 2 C

So, I propose a group cruise. What line, ship, and itinerary do you suggest?

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Seriously, I welcome reasoned comments-good and bad. Unfortunately, there is a small number of people who seem to be constantly whining and they detract from those who are trying to provide valuable information.

a whiner orders a beer and the bartender brings him a glass that is half empty; a non-whiner orders a beer and the bartender brings him a glass that is half full!

moral to the story, they both paid the same amount for their beer, they both got just as much beer as the other. one drank it and complained, the other drank it and enjoyed what he had.

its called perspective!!!!!!!!!! not everyone looks through or has the ability to look through the same pair of rose colored glasses.

kudos to C2C for starting this thread!!!!!!:D

So, I propose a group cruise. What line, ship, and itinerary do you suggest?

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Seriously, I welcome reasoned comments-good and bad. Unfortunately, there is a small number of people who seem to be constantly whining and they detract from those who are trying to provide valuable information.

What a great idea. Then all those who love to whine could listen to each other the whole trip.

What a great idea. Then all those who love to whine could listen to each other the whole trip.

As long as we are whining and dining someplace warm I'm all for it...

Now all we need is an award for the best WHINE story... like a whopper of the month...:p

a whiner orders a beer and the bartender brings him a glass that is half empty; a non-whiner orders a beer and the bartender brings him a glass that is half full!

Yes but which glass was past its prime "sell by date"?

Can a person bring attention to a "detail" without being called a whiner?

I believe too many "cheerleaders" yell "whiner" and imply that their own experiences have always been perfect. Everything short of death can be classified as a minor incident by someone with a different perspective.

I make a point to fill out the attention to detail card while on board... to mention an observation and to record X's response... I am an (almost) faithful X cruiser... and I remind them why their striving for "Xcellence" brings pax back

To be sure, some people will whine/complain/grumble about anything, and their complaints are so obviously groundless that you scratch your head sometimes, wondering as you read, what they were expecting.

That also does not mean you can't find fault.

I thought your whole post was well expressed...

So far I have found only a few posters who trash a whole ship as if all 1,500 to 2,000 passengers had an experience as miserable as theirs.

As I sit here in Tampa airport I have lot's of time to waste on reading interesting posts about various ships. Sometimes you have to dig through the nuggets, but many whiners have valid complaints.

Is there a different LABEL for a Whiner-Lite as opposed to the authentic griper?

People who have valid complaints are not "whiners". That's the whole point.

But many posters normally do not differentiate between those who have a complaint and those who are griping. Certain posters don't acknowledge posts from "outsiders" and paint all with the same brush.... (is this a gripe, a whine an observation or a comment?:confused:

Neither end of the spectrum is very attractive, but I wouldn't paint myself as a whiner to make that point. A good example is the review on Zenith just below. The poster, as well as other passengers on the same cruise, have some complaints amongst the favorable reviews that would have ruined a "whiner's" cruise and that's all we would have heard about.

People who have valid complaints are not "whiners". That's the whole point.

I totally agree with MA Bell. No everyone experiences the same food and/or experiences on the same ship or even at the same table. I have posted two views/experiences that we had on the Mercury. That does not mean we are whiners or totally negative about Celebrity. Those postings were our actual experiences that we had on that cruise, regardless of what others experienced. When they serve x number of lobsters, steaks, etc., on a ship, not every item served will be excellent. Law of averages says some might be fair or tough.

Why, unless it is totally fabricated, should others not accept something posted as being valid? It happens every day.

Are these really complaints or just experiences that are posted? You must evaluate each on its own merit. We have not had a bad cruise yet. But we have experienced some bad food, service, etc.

What makes a cabin steward excellent? Normally if they clean your room in a timely manner they are good or excellent. If they do not, then they are fair or poor. It is very subjective. What is excellent to one is good to another.

Am I whining now? I don't think so, however, someone may think so. Everyone has an opinion. That's what makes the world go round.

Archived