Just got off ecstasy today!

allilivesay

Isn't that an $85pp option? I'll wait my turn for FREE. Everybody gets on before lines cast off. We priority on/off with RCI & Celebrity. Much to do about nothing. Get there early to avoid rush? We are looking forward to this sailing, hoping it exceeds expectations. Service is alleged to be Excellent.

No, it's per cabin. It states that in the prices description.

I have many, many nights on Fantasy-class ships. I love them. I just booked the 10/20 5-night sailing (same itinerary as OP). I did 5 nights with friends last Labor Day weekend that had Freeport instead of Nassau. No matter.

Princess Cay was nice but as others have mentioned, not nearly as beautiful as HMC.

When Carnival first added Princess Cay to their itineraries, there was lots of discussion about it. I found a lot of info on the Private Island board and found maps online. Google is your friend! So I knew about needing water shoes.

There's also lots of great info about Charleston (one of my favorite places) on the East Coast departures board. I did not know you could pre-pay for parking.

I personally think the Fantasy-class ships have the best crews and food. Maybe it's simply because they're smaller that it feels much more like you're receiving personalized attention.

I sail solo often and love it. I can do what I want, when I want and always meet lots of great fellow cruisers.

Glad to see the post about the Alphabet chips for the quarter-pushy-machine game. I came home with several from the Horizon TA. I'll be sure to take them with me in a couple of weeks!

I don't think you can say that Fantasy-class ships have more movement. I think it totally depends on the seas on any given sailing. Big, new Horizon felt like she was just floundering around in the Med when we left Barcelona. I've been on Fantasy-class ships that were rocking and others that were perfectly calm, and it didn't seem to matter much what the seas "looked" like.

Anyway, Google Ginger Root capsules, people. Again, tons of info on the web. They cured me of motion sickness (obviously, since I did B2B TA's this past spring and we had 16' seas eastbound on NCL Star, which is not a huge ship - didn't feel a thing!).

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, allilivesay said:

Ask me anything!

Wanted more info on snorkeling on Princess Cay, we have equipment we could bring.  Water shoes we will have for the rocky beach.  Also plan on snorkel trip from Nassau.  Won't be from ship tours, any recommendations.  Thanks for any ones help.  JB

Any one want to comment on recent food and entertainment on the Ecstasy.  We sail soon, 26 Nov, but live in Charleston

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do have a request. Please see Duana (from Serbia), the Hostess in WindSong Restaurant and tell her Neil said she was the best jitterbugger this 86 year old ever danced with and I wish I could make another mask for her. Clemente misses her also.

See attached pictures.

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

My sister and I sailed her October 1st - between two hurricaines - the weather was perfect.  I had never been on a fantasy class ship - we had a great time. She has some memory issues so needs to be watched a little closer and I found the the size of the ship worked great for that.  The crew was great - my only complaint would be the steak and eggs at the Brunch were not prepared the same I have had in the past but it was still good I was just disappointed with the potatoes. 

DH and I live in NC so would love to sail out of Charlston again - especially when Sunshine lands there - one of my favorite ships. The parking was great - we could see our car from the ship it was so close!

Lots of first time cruisers - which I understand since the prices are very good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mumofsons said:

My sister and I sailed her October 1st - between two hurricaines - the weather was perfect.  I had never been on a fantasy class ship - we had a great time. She has some memory issues so needs to be watched a little closer and I found the the size of the ship worked great for that.  The crew was great - my only complaint would be the steak and eggs at the Brunch were not prepared the same I have had in the past but it was still good I was just disappointed with the potatoes. 

DH and I live in NC so would love to sail out of Charlston again - especially when Sunshine lands there - one of my favorite ships. The parking was great - we could see our car from the ship it was so close!

Lots of first time cruisers - which I understand since the prices are very good.

It must have been a bad day at the brunch, i was on it mid september and they are what i go for and were good.  So it could have just been a bad day in the kitchen.  Next time it will be great again.