Anthem - Deck 6 - HELP

sabdel

Hi all,

So I will be cruising on Anthem on the 12/2 sailing. The price of the cruise dropped over 50% from when we booked it, soRoyal nicely upgraded our interior room on deck 7 to a obstructed balcony roomon deck 6. Not even 20 minutes after hanging up, we were assigned room 6590.Now I’m sure this balcony has a lifeboat outside of it, and that’s fine- we areso grateful for a balcony, as my boyfriend and I are in our mid 20s and haveyet to be able to afford a balcony room. My concern is the noise- I’ve lookedat tons of boards discussing the noise level on deck 6 but no one really toucheson the area I will be in (cabin 6590). Im worried that having no balcony isbetter than getting no sleep on a 12 day, 6 island cruise. Any thoughts?Advice? I’m stuck…should I switch back to interior on deck 7?

Also- if anyone happens to have pictures of thebalcony in 6590 (I’ve only found photos of surrounding cabins), that would belovely.

Thanks in advance :)

I haven't been on the Anthem so I have no hard evidence, but to be honest, that room doesn't look too bad. You have some restaurants and other public areas below you but I doubt you would hear much from them being under. You have cabins above you so no problems there. We love balconies and my wife says we will always get balconies. Hope it works for you.

Hi all,

So I will be cruising on Anthem on the 12/2 sailing. The price of the cruise dropped over 50% from when we booked it, soRoyal nicely upgraded our interior room on deck 7 to a obstructed balcony roomon deck 6. Not even 20 minutes after hanging up, we were assigned room 6590.Now I’m sure this balcony has a lifeboat outside of it, and that’s fine- we areso grateful for a balcony, as my boyfriend and I are in our mid 20s and haveyet to be able to afford a balcony room. My concern is the noise- I’ve lookedat tons of boards discussing the noise level on deck 6 but no one really toucheson the area I will be in (cabin 6590). Im worried that having no balcony isbetter than getting no sleep on a 12 day, 6 island cruise. Any thoughts?Advice? I’m stuck…should I switch back to interior on deck 7?

Also- if anyone happens to have pictures of thebalcony in 6590 (I’ve only found photos of surrounding cabins), that would belovely.

Thanks in advance :)

I think you got a good last minute guarantee assignment. IMO it's a neutral area - no bad posts. It's also not a connecting cabin. Did find one very positive thread about it - post #11 - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2142561

Thanks for all the feedback! Feeling much better about my decision. And in regards to switching rooms, I think #1. My travel agent wants to kill me (I've been a little annoying) and #2. I don't think I can call Royal on my own and ask them to switch it. Am I correct on that? I'd need my agent to do it. I did ask her if there was anything else available yesterday and she mentioned a room above the Bionic Bar but I declined that offer immediately. No way jose.

Thanks for all the feedback! Feeling much better about my decision. And in regards to switching rooms, I think #1. My travel agent wants to kill me (I've been a little annoying) and #2. I don't think I can call Royal on my own and ask them to switch it. Am I correct on that? I'd need my agent to do it. I did ask her if there was anything else available yesterday and she mentioned a room above the Bionic Bar but I declined that offer immediately. No way jose.

You are correct, your travel agent would have to contact Royal to switch your room.