Koningsdam Library update

bobpell

To cruisemom42

I muse...

How much to download "Decline and rise of the Roman Empire onto your Kindle?

Could I download it onto my Kindle?

Can you envision a future HAL "Library" encompassing a free download ability for thousands of books while on board?

Again I muse

Bob

The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (All 6 Volumes) Kindle Edition

A expensive one $1.99

The on board libraries are not just places for novels. Though I prefer to read a real book I can, sadly, get on board with the concept of a free e-library during the cruise ...

But keep the atlas, globe and reference library. I usually bring my own novels in one form or another but I often find myself in the library looking at the atlas, globe, and reference materials - especially on extended voyages. Electronic maps are just not the same - do not give the same view as a good quality large atlas.

Edited by arzz
left a word out

You'll make a great cruise director, I don't know much about libraries, but I do know that people love to read and relax in the library, there are people that do puzzles, just sit back, it's right next to the coffee shop, it all makes for a very nice place for passengers to enjoy a day at sea, there is also something called service to the passengers...oh, by the way I was a college professor in comparative literature, but we don't know much about books...

Well, being a library director I am pretty familiar with libraries, books and their readers.:rolleyes: