If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

When was your reservation for? I spoke to them the other day and at first they told me they were canceling until Dec. 1 but then changed it to Nov. 7 and said I SHOULD be fine for the end of November.

The hotel situation in San Juan is very fluid and seems to change day by day. We are triple confirmed for our stay on November 10th, however we realize anything can happen. Fully prepared for a bench in the airport if need be. After all the flight drama we’ve been through, we just want ON the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruising on Adventure this coming Saturday.

Had reservations for Friday to stay at the Comfort Inn San Juan (in Condado).

Just got an email that my reservation is now cancelled.

Would rather not fly in (from NY) the day of the cruise, but looks like it's coming to that.

Would rather not fly in (from NY) the day of the cruise, but looks like it's coming to that.

This is exactly what I mean. There is someone posting LIVE from the AOS that stayed at the Comfort Inn 2 nights ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reservation at Comfort Inn was cancelled also. I knew they were having trouble with their generator but thought they would have it fixed. We got a room near the airport on AirBnB for 2 nights near the airport. You might want to check them out before you change your reservation.

My reservation at Comfort Inn was cancelled also. I knew they were having trouble with their generator but thought they would have it fixed. We got a room near the airport on AirBnB for 2 nights near the airport. You might want to check them out before you change your reservation.

Looked into AirBNB yesterday. Narrowed it down to 2 places - one in Condado (ironically near the Comfort Inn) and one near the airport.

Reached out to both to see if they had power - only the host near the airport responded. They have power and running water. And the supermarket (in walking distance) has power too. So we booked it.

So I have had the Hilton Condado, Surfside Inn, Comfort Inn Levittown, Continental Hotel San Juan, Hotel Miramar cancel for 11/17/18. We have broke down and are flying direct from Kansas City on 11/18. We arrive in San Juan at 3:25. I don't know which is scarier, staying overnight in the airport or flying in the day of the cruise.

Yep. Sheraton Old San Juan just cancelled - after multiple promises made directly by the property to us that they would not.....Three nights prior and two nights post cruise. First reservations were for mid-December. They were not clear which reservation they were canceling. It was a canned letter without any personalization.

I honestly do not believe that this issue is going to go away anytime soon. I honestly believe that San Juan is in no condition to welcome tourism for more than day visits at best.

Well, here is my update regarding our reservation at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar.. I just got an email stating our reservations for November 10th have been canceled. We had 2 rooms are are 5 people in our group. This is part of the email:

"Unfortunately, our beautiful Island was directly affected by Hurricane Maria last month. Because of this situation, there are some things that are not running as normal. Limited Service are available as the hotel is working with limited personnel resources. As we continue to work towards recovery, the hotel is not accepting arrivals or new reservations at this time. Regretfully, we are unable to honor your existing reservation. "

Thank you so much for your post, as we have reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Miramar on Nov. 23 and 24th. It looks like they gave you just over 2 weeks warning of the cancellation, which really isn't that much time to find another hotel. I'm hoping that since we'll be there for Thanksgiving, that perhaps a lot of the U.S. emergency staff will be vacating the hotels to be home for the holiday. Guess I'll hang on for another couple of weeks to see what happens.

I just made my weekly call to Courtyard San Juan Miramar.

They cancelled our reservation for 11/17. No explanation, no notification...

If you go to Marriott's website and plug in your confirmation number, does it show it as cancelled online too? We've got rez for the same hotel on 11/23 and 11/24 and it still shows up. Please let me know, thanks.

-- Kim

So I have had the Hilton Condado, Surfside Inn, Comfort Inn Levittown, Continental Hotel San Juan, Hotel Miramar cancel for 11/17/18. We have broke down and are flying direct from Kansas City on 11/18. We arrive in San Juan at 3:25. I don't know which is scarier, staying overnight in the airport or flying in the day of the cruise.

Following. We are flying in from KC the night before our 12/16 cruise. Had resos at Hilton Condado but those canceled. Now holding a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express. In my opinion, a night at the airport is better than missing the ship. Please let me know how you fare! Good luck!

Does anyone know about the Holiday Inn Express in Condado. I called them and they accepted my reservation for 12/27-12/28/17 but I have not heard if it is open or if anyone is staying there.

We were scheduled there for November 3 and were cancelled by the hotel on October 18. They said they are only booking rooms to FEMA and government employees.

In my opinion, a night at the airport is better than missing the ship. Please let me know how you fare! Good luck!

I told my husband the same thing except we have 2 days pre cruise and I don’t think I could handle 2 nights at the airport! I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to just get on the ship!

Does anyone know about the Holiday Inn Express in Condado. I called them and they accepted my reservation for 12/27-12/28/17 but I have not heard if it is open or if anyone is staying there.

I believe it is open but I think they are booking only federal employees right now. Just keep checking but they still might be there in Dec. At least your reservation is around the holidays and fed workers might be home then.

First off thank you for starting this thread...I'm on the Dec 16th sailing with you and am sitting here trying to figure out what to do. We make our final payment for our airfare Nov 15th and so I reached out to Comfort Inn and was told they aren't sure how they will be Dec 16th although my reservation is still current. Emailed the Holiday Inn and was told the same thing. See rooms on Booking.com for Courtyard by Marriott and spoke to the reservation desk and was told it was fine but I of course wanted to talk directly to the hotel and so was transferred and had to leave a message. American Airlines will change or cancel our group without penalties but if we change we have to pay an additional $171 pp because we have to pay the current rate. Decisions, decisions.

Sorry wasn't on topic but thought I'd share what I was hearing from those specific hotels :)

Good luck everyone!

we are on the same ship date when did the miramar cancel your reservation we have 1 we booked thru expedia for the 17th

we are on the same ship date when did the miramar cancel your reservation we have 1 we booked thru expedia for the 17th

I'd like to know when the miramar canceld you too as they JUST emailed me saying they were up and running (as she did when I called as well) and would be in Dec. I was ABOUT to go book them :(

Following. So far we are booked at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar and I spoke with someone a week or so ago and they are running on generators. I am very nervous about this whole hotel situation. sigh.....

Our reservation here was cancelled. We didn't get notice - just found it in my cancelled reservations on my Marriott app. Reservations at Marriott confirmed they were not accepting guests - booked us at another Marriott. I just got an email from that hotel 5 days ago cancelling that one. Marriott now confirmed NO Marriott properties are taking (honoring) reservations.

Our reservation here was cancelled. We didn't get notice - just found it in my cancelled reservations on my Marriott app. Reservations at Marriott confirmed they were not accepting guests - booked us at another Marriott. I just got an email from that hotel 5 days ago cancelling that one. Marriott now confirmed NO Marriott properties are taking (honoring) reservations.

Did they say for how long?