If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

Thank you so much for your post, as we have reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Miramar on Nov. 23 and 24th. It looks like they gave you just over 2 weeks warning of the cancellation, which really isn't that much time to find another hotel. I'm hoping that since we'll be there for Thanksgiving, that perhaps a lot of the U.S. emergency staff will be vacating the hotels to be home for the holiday. Guess I'll hang on for another couple of weeks to see what happens.

Yes, only 2 weeks warning.. I am not even trying to find another hotel cause I have no doubt they are all taking the same route and canceling reservations. We just changed our flight to the day of the cruise, Nov 11, and will pray that nothing gets delayed.

As for hoping the emergency staff will go home for the holiday, I really can't imagine that happening. I would think they are not going to stop working until the island has power. The situation is just too dire to take time off. Also, the hotels are also filled with residents who lost homes and are living in the hotels. Personally, I think you should reconsider waiting a couple more weeks. I'd hate to see you scrambling at the last minute. Especially during the holidays when the flights are soooo busy to begin with.

Keep us posted.

Has anyone had the Hampton inn and suites cancel your reservation?if so when was it for and how were you informed?

Thank you

I called Hampton Inn on Wednesday of last week to confirm our reservation for 11/17. That’s how I found out. They said that they had notified Priceline and it was Priceline’s responsibility to contact me. When I called Priceline, they had no knowledge of the cancellation and called the hotel to confirm.

To top it off, Priceline was generous enough to offer me the “one time courtesy” of refunding what I’d already paid. “Are you f-ing kidding me?” I said. “You sure as hell better refund me, but it isn’t a ‘courtesy!’”

Has anyone had the Hampton inn and suites cancel your reservation?if so when was it for and how were you informed?

Thank you

Yes!! I private messaged them on Facebook and asked, after I saw it on the Hampton Inn website. I was sent back a message stating that yes our reservation was canceled. A few days later I did receive an email

a few days later. All Reservations are canceled through January 1, 2018.

I'd like to know when the miramar canceld you too as they JUST emailed me saying they were up and running (as she did when I called as well) and would be in Dec. I was ABOUT to go book them :(

I called them this morning. They told me I was cancelled and even got a cancellation number from them.

Yes!! I private messaged them on Facebook and asked, after I saw it on the Hampton Inn website. I was sent back a message stating that yes our reservation was canceled. A few days later I did receive an email

a few days later. All Reservations are canceled through January 1, 2018.

We are booked for Jan 5-7 and so far it is confirmed however if they cancel Jan 1 we are going to be scrambling to find a place !

We are booked for Jan 5-7 and so far it is confirmed however if they cancel Jan 1 we are going to be scrambling to find a place !

Just to be safe I would have a back up reservations somewhere that is not hosting FEMA. Because right now they extended their contract until 12/31....they may extend further.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got back from San Juan last night. I spent 2 nights after the Summit repositioning cruise at a small hotel called the Olive Boutique Hotel in the Condado area. It is running on a generator which they shut off from 1-6pm. It was a beautiful hotel and the staff was wonderful. There are restaurants open in the area.

TA booked us at Condado Vanderbilt - looking on website shows no availability through all of November though - wondering if there's any accuracy to any information about hotels, reservations, availability -

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Express. I spoke to front desk there and confirmed last week. I intend to call the front desk every week until December 8th the night of our stay. I think the situation is fluid so I would stay in constant contact with the hotel itself, not Expedia etc, to make sure your reservation is still good.

one post above wondering why their reservations were cancelled? Anyone watch the news? Flying in on day of departure is the best and really only sensible thing to do...sorry but FEMA is buying out full hotels on an as needed basis and are ramping up their work...these people can and should get priority...things for hotels are getting worse not better.

So far after 7 pages of post in this thread only 2 or 3 posts are from actual folks who stayed in a Hotel in SanJuan since Oct 1.

Does not look good for November and now December... will Jan. be also a "no room at the inn " for those going on a cruise out of San Juan?

Glad that FEMA is now starting to deal with those without a home and need" temporary" housing.

But still a long recovery that does not seem to be improving after 40+ days.

For some of us that is not a viable option...:(

Sad but true - Flying in from the east coast of Canada at the end of January - there is no way I could fly in day of. Got a sweet deal on Delta before all this mess and was able to drop a night in San Juan but I still have to do one night based on flight schedule.

So far after 7 pages of post in this thread only 2 or 3 posts are from actual folks who stayed in a Hotel in SanJuan since Oct 1.

Does not look good for November and now December... will Jan. be also a "no room at the inn " for those going on a cruise out of San Juan?

This is also a "haven't stayed there yet" post but I just received a call from Expedia and they said my reservation for Jan 12 2018 at Verdanza was cancelled. They offered the ESJ Azul as being available. Although it gets very mixed reviews, at least it's available (for now)....

Today the governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rossello, along with La Fortaleza de PR and FEMA, announced that temporary accommodation assistance is available to Puerto Rico residents who can't return to their homes because they were displaced as a result Of hurricanes Irma and Maria. This is one of several short-term housing options that are being offered to cover the demand for safe housing after storms.

Temporary Accommodation Assistance (TSA) allows eligible applicants to stay in a hotel or motel for a limited time, such as a bridge to medium and long-term housing. FEMA pays all costs and taxes for the rooms directly to the participating hotels and motels.

This link shows the approved Transitional Sheltering Hotels in the San Juan Area:

http://fema.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web...59aba91dd9e307

The 14 Approved Hotels are:

HOTEL EL CONVENTO

SHERATON OLD SAN JUAN

COQUI DEL MAR GUEST HOUSE

WIND CHIMES BOUTIQUE HOTEL

ACACIA BOUTIQUE HOTEL

RADISSON AMBASSADOR HOTEL

BEST WESTERN PLUS

HYATT HOUSE SAN JUAN

RAMADA HOTEL CONDADO

WIND CHIMES BOUTIQUE HOTEL

CASA DEL CARIBE

CONDADO PLAZA HILTON

CARIBE HILTON

EL CANARIO INN

DOUBLETREE BY HILTON SAN JUAN

COMFORT INN & SUITES - CAMPOMAR

I just got back from San Juan last night. I spent 2 nights after the Summit repositioning cruise at a small hotel called the Olive Boutique Hotel in the Condado area. It is running on a generator which they shut off from 1-6pm. It was a beautiful hotel and the staff was wonderful. There are restaurants open in the area.

This is great news to hear. Thank you! I have this hotel booked for November 10th

After reading this board, I contacted Comfort Inn (Condado area) to check on my reservation for November 10th. They emailed me that, due to water issues, my reservation is now cancelled. I had been checking with them weekly to confirm our rooms. There is literally no more available hotels during that time. I finally booked an Airbnb. So frustrating.

Our reservation here was cancelled. We didn't get notice - just found it in my cancelled reservations on my Marriott app. Reservations at Marriott confirmed they were not accepting guests - booked us at another Marriott. I just got an email from that hotel 5 days ago cancelling that one. Marriott now confirmed NO Marriott properties are taking (honoring) reservations.

After reading all the posts, decided to once again confirm our reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Miramar. Called the hotel in San Juan directly, after my request for confirmation, I was put on hold, which eventually transferred me to a call center back in the continental U.S. That rep, put me on hold to call the hotel directly, then tapped me into the conversation so I could hear what the person at Miramar was saying. Basically, they aren't at capacity for Nov. 23 and 24, but they are on a generator and he said anything can happen. VERY limited shops and restaurants open near there. He said it is pitch black at night, as there are no street lights working. He basically told the Marriott rep that he strongly recommends that the person (me) change their flight to come in the day of the cruise. That was enough for me, he's turning away business because of the current conditions, so I cancelled the hotel reservations and moved my flight to Nov. 25 for sailing on Adventure of the Seas. So, I saved ~ $300 from not staying in a hotel for 2 nights, and then used the money to upgrade from my balcony cabin to a junior suite. :D:cool::hearteyes: