Mailbox???

Rulers Mom

For ships that don't have mailboxes, the envelope or tamper resistant whatever it's called is tucked behind the placard on the wall with your cabin number. We just experienced this on the Sensation a few weeks ago. My Dad was stressed that someone would steal his card no matter how many times I told him that even if that DID happen, they would cancel that card and issue him a new one. My concern was how to I buy alcohol before 1:30pm ;)

That's what I don't understand. What line? You get your cards from the person checking you in. You are already at the counter, they take less than a minute to go get your cards. It's not that big of a deal either way but I can't see where it saves that much time when checking in. It's not like you have to go to a separate line and start over again after you check in.

The second line. You have the first one before you go through the metal detector and put your bags on the XRay machine where they verify who you are. Then you would proceed to the line that snakes around and where you got your cards. The second line is no more. It saves a ton of time. I have had the new way twice - once in March and the other last week. They still do it the old way in PE and had to endure that in August. HATE the old way!

That's what I don't understand. What line? You get your cards from the person checking you in. You are already at the counter, they take less than a minute to go get your cards. It's not that big of a deal either way but I can't see where it saves that much time when checking in. It's not like you have to go to a separate line and start over again after you check in.
So it takes about a minute. Think about that in macro terms. If there are 20 ppl in line, and each one saves a minute, for the 21st person in line, that has saved 20 minutes off their wait. It's not about the wait for the agent to walk and get the card for you, it's about the time it takes overall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The second line. You have the first one before you go through the metal detector and put your bags on the XRay machine where they verify who you are. Then you would proceed to the line that snakes around and where you got your cards. The second line is no more. It saves a ton of time. I have had the new way twice - once in March and the other last week. They still do it the old way in PE and had to endure that in August. HATE the old way!

So now the process is show all your documents at the TSA check in, put your stuff through the metal detectors and that’s it? Walk on the ship?

They don’t take your picture for the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So now the process is show all your documents at the TSA check in, put your stuff through the metal detectors and that’s it? Walk on the ship?

They don’t take your picture for the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well it's not TSA since that has to do with the airport, but yeah. You show your ID just like before at the little desks out front, go through the metal detectors and XRay, then proceed to the lounge or if they are boarding, straight on to the ship. They will scan your Passport out front and use that pic. If it doesn't look like you or you don't have a Passport, they will take your picture when they scan your boarding pass (where you used to "ding" your card to get on the ship) with an iPad. The only reason you would need to visit the second line is if you wanted to add cash to your S&S account before boarding or change your CC on file. Those things can be done at GS, however.