Glory 10/14/2017-10/21/2017 Eastern turned Western

firemanbobswife

Yeah, so it appears I don’t have the complete Grand Cayman menu. Sorry about that. Must not have been on the HubApp as that’s the night I ate in the Steakhouse. I do recall glancing at it outside the MDR during the day and nothing stuck out and made me sad that I wouldn’t be there that night.

d5f27ff7a06b67109d0944971ca0b941.jpg

50a3c64a0dd0ce3f9a386c2b77f56a3d.jpg

e2cb7dfc60ba7c8faaf85391c883ab71.jpg

Day 2 - Sea Day and 1st Elegant Evening

Anyone have the prime rib lately? My wife tried it for the first time on our Vista cruise back in April and it was absolutely awful. It tasted more like a ham steak. The texture was all wrong. I told her that this is not what prime rib should taste like.

Same thing when I ordered the upcharge 14oz New York Strip. Absolutely horrible.

Anyone have the prime rib lately? My wife tried it for the first time on our Vista cruise back in April and it was absolutely awful. It tasted more like a ham steak. The texture was all wrong. I told her that this is not what prime rib should taste like.

Same thing when I ordered the upcharge 14oz New York Strip. Absolutely horrible.

Yes I had it both nights and thought it was very good. I like mine rare.

Now that I've had some time since the cruise to think, some more things popped in to my brain :). I really should start take notes while on the ship, but this last time I was so busy doing excursions which I normally don't do, so it didn't happen. That's also why I didn't take a lot of pictures. But not a lot has changed since the dry dock besides the things I already pointed out. Oh speaking of that, the Lido Buffet did get new tile, but it looks pretty much the same, maybe a slight pattern change.

Getting tags for debarkation is different that what I have experienced before. If you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF/Suite, your tags will still be attached to the letter that tells you where and when to meet and placed in your cabin. That part is the same. Everyone else must go to Deck 5 across from the coffee shop, and select your luggage tag based upon what time you want to leave the ship. I didn't see the board when it first was put up, but later on towards the evening when they had some 20 something and 30 something numbers left. You can always go to GS later if you miss it or need another number.

66961f776691918ce23f4cbb141bb83a.jpg

6c4ceccc962e2fa1df7d6151120a319a.jpg

I know I posted the picture of the aft pool sign that says adults only. I can say that it was enforced as I never saw one kid in there and I spent a lot of time at Pirate Pizza :D. Whether at the aft pool, or the midship pool, there was always an employee there watching. They were in shorts and a white t-shirt with blue and red lettering. I think they said "Team Member" or something like that. I felt bad for the one guy I constantly saw back at the aft pool. He looked so bored!

• 2 weeks later...

Another random thought. Muster was outside as usual but this time they scanned your S&S card. I think it would have been better if they did it on your way outside instead of when you're standing there, but oh well. I noticed that they did it for every person in the cabin, not one per cabin like on Vista. There were quite a few names they were calling out of people that weren't there so I can imagine the "make up muster" was pretty crowded. I'm glad they are enforcing attendance. It did seem to speed things up a bit. They released Starboard side first. I'm a Port girl, so had to wait a little longer :(.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your review. You obviously took great pains to get it right. Sailing on the Glory in Jan, 2019. Maybe the'll replace the rest of the carpets. We're on deck 7.

Maybe. I don't know what their criteria was for replacement as I'm pretty sure the orange carpet in the cabins were original from when the ship was built. I really liked the blue!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! Curious if you were able to see if the rooms on deck 11 were updated similar to 9? Took a gamble with guarantee room assignment and it was updated today and were on 11. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Curious if you were able to see if the rooms on deck 11 were updated similar to 9? Took a gamble with guarantee room assignment and it was updated today and were on 11. Thanks!!

No, sorry, I didn't. I only happened to look at decks 7 and 8 because I had friends on 7 and I took the stairs. Since I was forward and they were aft, I went down one flight and walked back. I saw some cabin doors opened when they were cleaning, and one poor guy on 8 was standing out in the hall. He said he felt a drip of water at about 2 AM when laying in bed. It persisted and become more pronounced so he turned the light on to see the ceiling was leaking. Shortly thereafter it became a steady stream. They had all the bedding removed, plastic on the sofa and counter, fans going on the carpet. His room was destroyed. They did find him another cabin to stay in on deck 2 but he wasn't happy because it was an inside and he was in a balcony. I felt really bad for him.

No, sorry, I didn't. I only happened to look at decks 7 and 8 because I had friends on 7 and I took the stairs. Since I was forward and they were aft, I went down one flight and walked back. I saw some cabin doors opened when they were cleaning, and one poor guy on 8 was standing out in the hall. He said he felt a drip of water at about 2 AM when laying in bed. It persisted and become more pronounced so he turned the light on to see the ceiling was leaking. Shortly thereafter it became a steady stream. They had all the bedding removed, plastic on the sofa and counter, fans going on the carpet. His room was destroyed. They did find him another cabin to stay in on deck 2 but he wasn't happy because it was an inside and he was in a balcony. I felt really bad for him.

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! Hopefully they found the source of the water problems! I too would not be happy moving from an 8 balcony to deck 2 inside.

PS—love all your Glory reviews and feedback! This is our first time on this ship and I’m hoping it too becomes our favorite.

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! Hopefully they found the source of the water problems! I too would not be happy moving from an 8 balcony to deck 2 inside.

PS—love all your Glory reviews and feedback! This is our first time on this ship and I’m hoping it too becomes our favorite.

Thank you so much! I am looking forward to going back in April! Might be my last since she's moving to NOLA next year :loudcry:. Have a fantastic cruise!

Thank you so much! I am looking forward to going back in April! Might be my last since she's moving to NOLA next year :loudcry:. Have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks! I’m so excited, only 5 weeks left to go!