Glory 10/14/2017-10/21/2017 Eastern turned Western

firemanbobswife

All right. Back to the cruise. The cat is sitting on my lap and making this difficult. She really missed me :).

We had early seating in the Upper Platinum dining room. I have always been on the Lower so this was different. Our table was on the right side and as soon as you walked in to the left by the Maitre'D station up there. There were friends of mine from previous cruises going so we made sure to have our reservations linked. The table was OK, would have preferred to be back by the windows, but we had a good view for "Showtime".

The American Table Menus are the same pretty much and I had my cold soups which I love. Several of us tried the Steakhouse on Monday night. It was good. Definitely better than the Vista including the cheesecake. It took 2 hours and we got our desserts to go because my butt was getting numb from sitting so long and I couldn't have eaten another bite. Into the ice cold fridge in my cheesecake went. Pretty much sideways, but it fit along with my partially frozen strawberries which I threw out a day later. Note: When trying that, use extreme caution when opening the fridge. Just trust me on this.

There were people that showed up 30 minutes late and even an hour on occasion. I couldn't believe they didn't enforce the times because it really put the waiters behind. We would be waiting on desserts while they were getting their appetizers. Totally rude. If it were up to me, the doors would be shut just like back in the day. They had the sign out front, but either people didn't read it, or didn't care. I'll bet on the latter.

As far as elegant evening, I saw one person dressed very inappropriately. He was in swimming trunks, a long sleeved t-shirt, and a cap on backwards. Really? You can't even put on regular clothes? He had a child and even he was dressed nicely. Now I'm not one to say my food tastes differently because of what someone wears, but I am a stickler for following the rules. Carnival either needs to enforce their rules or do away with them. It's all about respecting the environment you are in. Rant over [emoji3]. I cropped out their faces to protect the guilty so you can't see the cap, but it's there [emoji41].

2bfc52e45dbaf5678b186e81ee82685f.jpg

Let's start with the ports.

I never book Carnival excursions with the exception of a Cabana or Villa at HMC. You're stuck there since they have a Monopoly on those so you can't help it.

I had joined the other site since this Roll Call was like non existent and one of the ladies charted a private boat in Grand Cayman. We were the first ones to Stingray City which was incredible! When we were leaving, all the Carnival cattle boats pulled up. I am SO glad we didn't do one of those! We then went to the inside part of the reef for some snorkeling and then to Starfish Beach. I saw about 7 Starfish in the water. I guess there used to be tons of them, but people would take them home. Now it's against the law. It was a beautiful day and a perfect ending to the day. If anyone wants the name of the Captain and info, email me. It was awesome and about the same price as only seeing the Stingrays through Carnival.

30d988f78aaec04af7e78f98c918c900.jpg

9bfb10fdfd0849892ad5c1b6c3ecaa52.jpg

b38fb7b81f9d6b4a4f100c45e0680f4a.jpg

16299b9e36031ea1c7ed8ed8bc9c659e.jpg

0ad6d64f0beccffbf149938ee1be2c30.jpg

1e8bf3778f1b5f42fccfb9e7f062057a.jpg

Now for the best day ever - Little French Key in Roatan. You absolutely HAVE to go there! Don't waste your time at the man made "beach" there by the port that's run by Carnival.

I rustled up 84 people to go to LFK (73 actually showed). I had been in constant contact with them to make sure they would have transportation for all of us at once and they did. A short walk up and down the hill and vans were waiting. I had been there in May of 2015 and we had a smaller group of maybe 15. I wasn't expecting so many, but it was great! We were treated like royalty.

They have 2 jaguars - one is a little baby and another one is still a juvenile. You could either hold the baby on land or swim with the bigger one. That is $35 or $55 respectively on top of your $88 entrance fee which includes lunch, 2 drinks, free use of kayaks, paddle boards, etc. Also you can hold the monkeys and birds! They also have a juvenile tiger that they rescued from the zoo on the mainland. There are other packages you can get that have zip lining, or snorkel tours, and other things.

I was upset a little I will admit before we left that we didn't get to go the Eastern route as scheduled, but this one day alone was worth it! Everything happens for a reason and there were people in our group that said they would never have booked a Western but LFK and Mr Sanchos (more on that later) were their absolute favorite ports ever. I felt really good about us giving LFK the business as we were the only ship in port.

The Manager kept checking on us, my waiter George [emoji813]eyes: (found out he has done some contracts on Princess as a bartender and may go back - could a Princess cruise be in my future? LOL) took great care of us too. If you want to order drinks without getting out of the water, they even bring them to you. Nothing was ever a problem even if you had a special request. They are truly wonderful people!

If you want to go, let me know how many and the date and I will contact the Manager directly per his instructions to make sure you receive the same treatment. He told me to personally contact him with anyone I know that wants to visit and he will make your visit extra special. So please, email me - address is in my signature, and I will be more than happy to handle it for you! No money is due upfront. I love them like family and since all of you are my cruising family fanatics, I want to make sure you have an extra super awesome time too!!!

81a416d9e386eac0dcf4628149732db8.jpg

9e104bd0314aaf94a2414b7fa356674d.jpg

9f41f16ce6a7e54cd49e377f5672fc80.jpg

c6c1b26366a52cdc669708e311927fac.jpg

6c43dcf7438923d9cdc7186aaf233e3b.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

Belize I stayed on the ship and got my 75 minute Swedish Massage that I booked online when they had the 15% off promo going. It was very good and she didn't try and push me to buy anything which I appreciated. That was the only day it really rained more than once but it didn't last long each time.

I always thought Half moon Cay held a special place in my heart until I went to little French Key ... Tiffany definitely has some kind of magic powers because it was the best port in 26 cruises I have been too, and to see all the buses lined up waiting for us was amazing, and you do not have to leave together they told us when we were ready they would take us back , however there was a group of us that took the last of the transportation back as it was hard to leave .. definitely contact Tiffany and let her use her magic powers on you as well ....

The last stop before returning to Miami :( was Cozumel. I had a feeling after the hurricanes that we would be rerouted so I posted for people to go ahead and reserve Mr Sanchos For Tues, Wed, and Thurs knowing you could cancel and get your $5 back. Glad I did because they were sold out not long after it was officially announced we were going there on Thurs. We had all the other ports to ourselves which we found strange. Aren't there normally ships scheduled there? Anyway there were like 4 in Cozumel if I remember right. Vista, Glory, Sensation, and Harmony of the Seas.

Cancelled my extra 2 reservations no problem. It was great as usual. Good food, all you can drink except shots for $55 for adults. Worth every penny. It rained pretty good for about 20 min then it was clear again. Not a beautiful, sunny day like LFK, but nice. It stayed overcast at times which was fine, then the sun would come back out.

We had a lot of time in each port and that makes it more relaxing. Of course we make sure we are back in plenty of time for the ship to leave. Except for LFK. We were enjoying ourselves so much we stayed until the last minute. Well not really, but close. I actually wasn't stressed. I figured if we missed the ship, I would just go home with George :halo:, stay there the next day, and then fly to Cozumel on Thursday. No problem! I arrived in my Deck 9 cabin at 5:28PM and ship left at 6PM. That's the longest I stayed anywhere because it was that good!

Thanks. We are traveling with friends (4 adults) so we will probably need a Uber XL or whatever they are called. I checked out the Hampton Inn, looks like a good option.

It's really nice. You can walk to Winn Dixie for last minute items and there is a Sports Bar too - if you like the Green Bay Packers.

Now for the best day ever - Little French Key in Roatan. You absolutely HAVE to go there! Don't waste your time at the man made "beach" there by the port that's run by Carnival.

I rustled up 84 people to go to LFK (73 actually showed). I had been in constant contact with them to make sure they would have transportation for all of us at once and they did. A short walk up and down the hill and vans were waiting. I had been there in May of 2015 and we had a smaller group of maybe 15. I wasn't expecting so many, but it was great! We were treated like royalty.

They have 2 jaguars - one is a little baby and another one is still a juvenile. You could either hold the baby on land or swim with the bigger one. That is $35 or $55 respectively on top of your $88 entrance fee which includes lunch, 2 drinks, free use of kayaks, paddle boards, etc. Also you can hold the monkeys and birds! They also have a juvenile tiger that they rescued from the zoo on the mainland. There are other packages you can get that have zip lining, or snorkel tours, and other things.

I was upset a little I will admit before we left that we didn't get to go the Eastern route as scheduled, but this one day alone was worth it! Everything happens for a reason and there were people in our group that said they would never have booked a Western but LFK and Mr Sanchos (more on that later) were their absolute favorite ports ever. I felt really good about us giving LFK the business as we were the only ship in port.

The Manager kept checking on us, my waiter George [emoji813]eyes: (found out he has done some contracts on Princess as a bartender and may go back - could a Princess cruise be in my future? LOL) took great care of us too. If you want to order drinks without getting out of the water, they even bring them to you. Nothing was ever a problem even if you had a special request. They are truly wonderful people!

If you want to go, let me know how many and the date and I will contact the Manager directly per his instructions to make sure you receive the same treatment. He told me to personally contact him with anyone I know that wants to visit and he will make your visit extra special. So please, email me - address is in my signature, and I will be more than happy to handle it for you! No money is due upfront. I love them like family and since all of you are my cruising family fanatics, I want to make sure you have an extra super awesome time too!!!

81a416d9e386eac0dcf4628149732db8.jpg

9e104bd0314aaf94a2414b7fa356674d.jpg

9f41f16ce6a7e54cd49e377f5672fc80.jpg

c6c1b26366a52cdc669708e311927fac.jpg

6c43dcf7438923d9cdc7186aaf233e3b.jpg

Enjoying your review, we were on The Glory in 2015 and went to LFK. I can't agree more, best day ever. We are back on The Glory in May 2018 for Eastern Cruise so I am really enjoying the pics.

I started reading your review this morning and I looked at the clock. :eek:

Almost late to work. LOL

Loving your review and pics.

Debated about LFK in Roatan but I am booking now.

I may be in touch. :D

Your PIC"S are superb.