Glory 10/14/2017-10/21/2017 Eastern turned Western

firemanbobswife

We are staying on the lido deck too. We enjoy the convenience of being near everything and we have never had any issues with noise I hope that continues. I hate to keep bothering you with questions but I was wondering if you know the answer to this question. We have late dining and our last few cruises we also had late dining and the service was slow so some of our group missed the late shows was the service slow? Can our group plan on making the shows? We always arrive as soon as the dining room doors open. Thanks in advance for your help.

We are staying on the lido deck too. We enjoy the convenience of being near everything and we have never had any issues with noise I hope that continues. I hate to keep bothering you with questions but I was wondering if you know the answer to this question. We have late dining and our last few cruises we also had late dining and the service was slow so some of our group missed the late shows was the service slow? Can our group plan on making the shows? We always arrive as soon as the dining room doors open. Thanks in advance for your help.

Service was petty quick when it wasn't interrupted by the latecomers in our waitstaff's section. I would say in and out in about an hour.

You shouldn't have any noise issues unless your cabin is in the vicinity of the forward elevators. In that case, when they have a band in the atrium, the sound will carry up until they are done around 11-11:30pm. I could even hear it in the hall right outside my cabin. I don't know what it was about this cruise, but they seemed to have one volume setting everywhere and that was LOUD. From the Atrium, to the deck parties late at night, the volume was always full blast. I could sing along to all the songs while laying in bed from those. Particularly enjoyed the 80s night :cool:! Even walking through the basically deserted Lido Buffet late at night, the music was still cranked up as if it was lunchtime.

You are all welcome! If you are doing the same itinerary, stay tuned. I have a great idea for you :D.

I had the Value. I know someone that had Premium and it was the same. They ended up getting their money back.

Thanks for the info. We will be going Nov 4 & I have homework I have to do online, so I hope the internet speed is better, I already prepaid for premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now for the best day ever - Little French Key in Roatan. You absolutely HAVE to go there! Don't waste your time at the man made "beach" there by the port that's run by Carnival.

I rustled up 84 people to go to LFK (73 actually showed). I had been in constant contact with them to make sure they would have transportation for all of us at once and they did. A short walk up and down the hill and vans were waiting. I had been there in May of 2015 and we had a smaller group of maybe 15. I wasn't expecting so many, but it was great! We were treated like royalty.

They have 2 jaguars - one is a little baby and another one is still a juvenile. You could either hold the baby on land or swim with the bigger one. That is $35 or $55 respectively on top of your $88 entrance fee which includes lunch, 2 drinks, free use of kayaks, paddle boards, etc. Also you can hold the monkeys and birds! They also have a juvenile tiger that they rescued from the zoo on the mainland. There are other packages you can get that have zip lining, or snorkel tours, and other things.

I was upset a little I will admit before we left that we didn't get to go the Eastern route as scheduled, but this one day alone was worth it! Everything happens for a reason and there were people in our group that said they would never have booked a Western but LFK and Mr Sanchos (more on that later) were their absolute favorite ports ever. I felt really good about us giving LFK the business as we were the only ship in port.

The Manager kept checking on us, my waiter George [emoji813]eyes: (found out he has done some contracts on Princess as a bartender and may go back - could a Princess cruise be in my future? LOL) took great care of us too. If you want to order drinks without getting out of the water, they even bring them to you. Nothing was ever a problem even if you had a special request. They are truly wonderful people!

If you want to go, let me know how many and the date and I will contact the Manager directly per his instructions to make sure you receive the same treatment. He told me to personally contact him with anyone I know that wants to visit and he will make your visit extra special. So please, email me - address is in my signature, and I will be more than happy to handle it for you! No money is due upfront. I love them like family and since all of you are my cruising family fanatics, I want to make sure you have an extra super awesome time too!!!

81a416d9e386eac0dcf4628149732db8.jpg

9e104bd0314aaf94a2414b7fa356674d.jpg

9f41f16ce6a7e54cd49e377f5672fc80.jpg

c6c1b26366a52cdc669708e311927fac.jpg

6c43dcf7438923d9cdc7186aaf233e3b.jpg

We went to LFK last Spring Break & I can not wait to return. Absolutely one of my favorite places!

We went to LFK last Spring Break & I can not wait to return. Absolutely one of my favorite places!

We have Little French Key booked for next week, Mr Sanchos, too. This will be our first time at LFK. I'm so glad to see the positive comments!!

1d3b8a6d9b8607f2be617dcb6eead5be.jpg

7f7d513ed02a818bfd1302b6fc49b03c.jpg

The envelope that contains your S&S cards that will be available outside your cabin in the the mailbox at the time your cabin is ready.

f0a82bf21c11e11ee68b20a9dbd1049c.jpg

You can go to your cabin at the time mentioned on the card you receive at check-in below. Go by what this says, NOT the incorrect info you may receive from the people at the Port. Sadly, many are misinformed on how this works. It also explains how to make purchases until you are able to go to your cabin and retrieve your S&S card.

8f7ee66a5932535bed9effcd253e26b5.jpg

Thanks! Mr Sanchos has always had tables and palapas on the beach as long as I can remember and we’ve been there quite a few times.

I believe I have all the menus from the Hub App since I forgot to take them one night in the MDR and ate in the Steakhouse another. I’ll have to go through and make sure I have them in order.

Maybe they have added more tables, they sure weren't right up by the lounge chairs 5 yrs ago, had to walk up to the tables. Looks crowded with all the tables and chairs.

Maybe they have added more tables, they sure weren't right up by the lounge chairs 5 yrs ago, had to walk up to the tables. Looks crowded with all the tables and chairs.

They may have added a row or 2 of lounge chairs making it look different. The tables you can tell have been there for a long time because they are tile and show their age. But no, it's not crowded. Still plenty of space between tables even though they have a plastic one next to each tile one. I just love that place!

I'm going to try and sort out my menus tomorrow so hang on, everyone. It appears I only got 2 out of the 3 pages on Grand Cayman night when we ate in the Steakhouse :mad:. I need to do some more sorting. It's pretty confusing when you took screenshots of the Hub App Menus in reverse order and they all look the same. I won't make that mistake again!