Guaranteed CS logic?

JRG

I understand how GTY's work, but for Celebrity Suite class (CS), Why would Celebrity offer this as a guaranteed CS when there are only 8 CS cabins on a ship, such as Summit.

I am curious why they just don't show which CS cabins are available?

I understand how GTY's work, but for Celebrity Suite class (CS), Why would Celebrity offer this as a guaranteed CS when there are only 8 CS cabins on a ship, such as Summit.

I am curious why they just don't show which CS cabins are available?

They do. Just not in the US.

Try a faux booking on the UK site and you'll be able to see.

Never seen a guaranteed CS booking though. Only ever W class which technically could be any suite but in all likelihood for 95% + of people will be a sky suite.

Yes, I have seen it before (usually when a few of the top suites are still available) as it’s usually more expensive than the Sky suite pricing, but less than the top suites. X are trying to maximise profits, rather than just giving everything away as a ‘W’ GTY. Some pax don’t want to risk the chance of an S2 accessible cabin, however, would be quite happy paying slightly more to ensure a CS or above.

If it is on Summit and for sailings in the Caribbean, I can understand it even more. Many will be cancelling because they don’t want the hassle of getting to SJ after recent events. X are trying to salvage profits where they possibly can, especially when someone posted on here that they had seen cruises advertised as low as £300 in a balcony including the drinks package :eek:.

Yes, I have seen it before (usually when a few of the top suites are still available) as it’s usually more expensive than the Sky suite pricing, but less than the top suites. X are trying to maximise profits, rather than just giving everything away as a ‘W’ GTY. Some pax don’t want to risk the chance of an S2 accessible cabin, however, would be quite happy paying slightly more to ensure a CS or above.

If it is on Summit and for sailings in the Caribbean, I can understand it even more. Many will be cancelling because they don’t want the hassle of getting to SJ after recent events. X are trying to salvage profits where they possibly can, especially when someone posted on here that they had seen cruises advertised as low as £300 in a balcony including the drinks package :eek:.

Yep. The price bounced quite quickly after that post. Can't think why! :D