Stingray City Advice?

berjdrberjdr

Hi everyone. We will be in Antigua on 12/26 and are considering doing the stingray city excursion. However, we have also heard some people say that the one on Grand Cayman is better and less expensive. Has anyone ever been to both? If not, could you give your thoughts on whether the Antigua one is worth doing? I would really appreciate any advice I can get, as this is our first cruise and we are deciding what we would like to do on some of the islands.

We went on a private tour to grand Cayman and there were a lot of sting rays and they were everywhere. Antigua was similar. We went with a private tour there also. I think if you go with a small group instead of ship tour for either one you'll have a good time. My personal favorite stingrays experience was on grand Turk. There were 10 of us at an island and they were all over us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone. We will be in Antigua on 12/26 and are considering doing the stingray city excursion. However, we have also heard some people say that the one on Grand Cayman is better and less expensive. Has anyone ever been to both? If not, could you give your thoughts on whether the Antigua one is worth doing? I would really appreciate any advice I can get, as this is our first cruise and we are deciding what we would like to do on some of the islands.

Grand Cayman is better for seeing the stingrays. ;)

Antigua has lovely beaches ... 365 ...one for each day of the year. :D

We just got back from Antiqua and my kids did the sting ray swim. Granted we were the only ship in port, but they said there were more stingrays that people! My son was grinning from ear to ear all day!

In contrast, we did the sting ray swim in GC and the sandbar was packed! The waves were up to my chest and everyone was bumping into one another.

I'm sure much of your enjoyment is based upon the number of people there, but both are great, so you'll have fun either way!