Both people must get beverage package, even if it's non-alcoholic

spookyj

I hate to ask a silly question such as this, but does the 'other person in the cabin must buy a beverage package' apply to the basic soda package as well? I ask this because my DH is a major soda fiend and consumes a lot of soda, but I actually don't enjoy soda really at all. I've never gotten a soda package before, generally I have the tap water or the 'flavoured' waters from the Windjammer etc. So, do we think this rule will apply to the soda package as well, or just the higher-up packages?

No, this rule only applies to the alcohol package, the soda and replenish package are not affected (just tested in my cruise planner).

I don't think next week has even switched for the deluxe, but I tried just it on mine for march, and it did not care if we purchased one
Next week on the Harmony was still part of the test cruise that did.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I Spoke With Royal today. Not true the soda package can be purchased individually. Both people do not have too buy

I'm a little confused by the wording in your post. What's not true? No one said you had to both purchase a non-alcoholic package, there was a question about it and I confirmed it is not required via the cruise planner.

No, this rule only applies to the alcohol package, the soda and replenish package are not affected (just tested in my cruise planner).

I really appreciate you taking the time to test this, as I was a bit concerned. I appreciate the soda package is not as high value as the alcoholic packages but it was still a concern, as I really DON'T drink soda and would hate to be 'forced' to purchase something I won't use!

As an aside, my husband has an intolerance to alcohol and consumption of it could kill him, so he DEFINITELY has a legitimate medical exemption! While I don't have an intolerance the way he does, I have other medical concerns which take alcohol off the table in all but the most 'special' of circumstances. We love our non-alcoholic mocktails and pay-as-we-go when we want to indulge.

Supposedly there is an unpublished "exception" reason list for not buying the Alcohol package for everyone in your cabin over 21 if just 1 wants it....(medical/health,religious, other {like being a recovering alcoholic} )....does this "list of reasons" still exist or have they done away with that? And they are now making those that don't drink alcohol drink carbonated/sugary beverages now with the beverage package? Or did I just totally misunderstand that?

And they are now making those that don't drink alcohol drink carbonated/sugary beverages now with the beverage package? Or did I just totally misunderstand that?

Royal isn't forcing you to drink anything, I'm going to assume that's poor wording on your part.

Royal is forcing everyone that is over age 21 in a cabin to purchase the alcohol package if anyone in the cabin gets it. So if you and your spouse are in a cabin together and you want the alcohol package then you would also be forced to get it. If you are cruising with 3 of your closest friends in the same cabin (and you're all over 21) and 1 of them wants to get the package then either you all get it or no one gets it. This rule does not apply to any of the other drink packages.

Ravensbad not exactly true. The new rule is if one gets the alcohol package and the other is granted an exemption, the 2nd person must still buy the soda package.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. At least that'e better than both having to buy the alcohol package.

Ravensbad not exactly true. The new rule is if one gets the alcohol package and the other is granted an exemption, the 2nd person must still buy the soda package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been hearing they must by the Refreshment package; not the soda package. And I'm wondering if that applies when it's for medical reasons, or just when they say someone chooses not to drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If one person in cabin would qualify for the exemption, but are getting the free soda pkg via booking a boardwalk balcony, wonder how they would handle that?

• 1 month later...