Elite Mini Bar Set up ?

regnig

Since I don't really drink (ok, wine with dinner and bloody Marys in the Wheelhouse before dinner) can I just fill in my personalizer with beer as my only selection and will they stock the refrig with nothing but beer? DH will surely thank the 'beer fairy' if that happens. And, I figure it is one less six pack to cart onboard. Thanks for the help!

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans!

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Star Princess Sailing

Hi Larsen,

Looks like that's what you can do. According to Princess website you need to fill in your personal preference in your member profile. Otherwise you get the 'standard issue.'

Sharon

We filled in our preferences but they still gave us what seemed like pretty standard stuff---mineral water, Dos Equis, coke (regular, not diet) 7 up, mini bottles of vodka, gin, whiskey, and brandy. We are not really drinkers, either, but we called room service and they were very nice about swapping out the sodas for diet cokes. We didn't ask them to change the beer, or hard stuff, because we were not likely to drink in our cabin, other than the special bottles of champagne we brought for the sailaway, and wine we brought on a couple of occasions to the dining room.

Caribbean Princess 6/12/04

Diamond Princess 3/05

Having done virtually the same thing although in a suite, you can change it. If it is not what you want when you board, ask your room steward to change it for what you want. We had some liquor that we would not drink and were able to exchange them for the type of liquor of our choice. On the next cruise, we changed some for soft drinks (to much booze on the first cruise) with no problem.

• 7 months later...

When we were on the Golden Princess last fall in addition to the standard initial complementary bar set-up, room service brought us o’derves that consisted of caviar, sushi & pate’ on formal nights. Since my wife is not keen on any of this, I politely offered it to our cabin steward for him to enjoy. He was trilled! Within 15 minutes another room service steward showed up with a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries! I can’t tell you first hand how they tasted but I have been told that they were delicious!

What a great idea to treat the cabin steward. I would have just asked that they not bring the treats. We eat too much on the cruise already. I do enjoy wine in the room though and don't drink anything else, so I guess I'm on my own with my new elite status. I'll try those strawberries though, at least one!

I also received the standard set up and do not drink much hard liqour-wish we could get champagne and wine, oh well for free we can't complain.

For the "treats" you get a choice of any 6 on both formal nights and it includes canapes or the the stawberries. On the second formal night I had to laugh because they came 3 times with plates.

I also shared my liqour and treats with crew, they enjoyed it!

Next time I am asking to switch to something I will use though.

Logie,

I didn't realize that we have a choice. On past cruises we have either used or just left what was delivered. Just this cruise I got the idea of giving it away to the room steward. I wish I had thought of it earlier.

How do you go about communicating your preferences to the room service staff?

Thanks in advance

By the way, when were you on the Golden? We were B2B in November.

AliceS,

Sorry that I missed your question! We were on our Fall cruise last October 10th. San Juan round trip via Aruba. Nice trip except we had to skip a couple of ports due to hurricane damage and political problems. Maybe we will join you in November a good month to cruise!

We too added our personal preference our member profile but were still given the 'standard issue.' As with some of you we requested some changes (soft drinks) and they quickly complied.

Wish someone knew how to specify see what o’derves are available to choose from. I don’t think that I have never seen these choices written anywhere.

gaa2 is right on. They also will swap out the soft drinks. But they do not have Scotch

I just completed a cruise on the Island in October. I traded my set up for all Scotch. I am Elite status. On the Island I had a Mini Suite. My next cruise is on the Regal and I have booked a suite. I wonder if they will give me two mini bar set ups? One for my Elite status and one for my booking a suite.

I believe on an earlier thread, someone said you would get two set ups if you were in a Suite and Elite, but they also said that there would not be another one for the second elite person in cabin. Maybe if whoever stated that reads this they will be able to confirm if this happened to them.

Hi

NHcruiseer

For the canapes "treats" they gave me a slip to fill out to choose the items I wanted. On the second formal night not only my choice, but 2 other non requested deliveries arrived. After eating at the capins lunch that day and reservations at Sabatini's that night there was no way to eat all that so I just gave it away.

As for the liqour I am just going to ask the room steward to swap out and may even ask the TA to request Vodka only on the next cruise.

Logie: What cruise gave you a choice of canapes? We have been on 4 cruises since Elite went in. We never had a choice. Last month on the Grand there were only 23 Elite. We got something every night. On other than formal nights we got 5 canapes - all the same. One night salmon, melon and ham, pate, cream cheese, salami. We traded our soft drinks and some liquor for what we wanted. I don't think they use the personalizer at all.

Sally

Logie: What cruise gave you a choice of canapes? We have been on 4 cruises since Elite went in. We never had a choice. Last month on the Grand there were only 23 Elite. We got something every night. On other than formal nights we got 5 canapes - all the same. One night salmon, melon and ham, pate, cream cheese, salami. We traded our soft drinks and some liquor for what we wanted. I don't think they use the personalizer at all.

Sally

I was on the Island and we got a choice of canapes. We were give a selection sheet like the one you get for ordering breakfast. In fact for the first week of our cruise we got them every day then the cabin steward came to me and said that it was a mistake we were only suppose to get them on formal nights. And Sally I agree with you they didn't pay any attention to the cruise personalizer as far as the set ups went. This was my first cruise after they started to Elite status so I guess it was new to him. When we got to our room there was no mini bar set up at all. I did not have the upgraded bathroom amenities. After talking with the CC host, the mini bar was set up but not as I requested and I got some house slippers and upgraded toilet articles. No upgraded robes or towels.

Archived