Best jerk chicken in Falmouth?

Gloworm2

Scotchies. We stopped there on our excursion we planned ourselves with Dr.Fun (he is on Trip Advisor). We had a great time, he is a fantastic guide and Scotchies is top notch.

What town? This doesn’t appear to be in Falmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How far is Scotchies from Falmouth?

Hmm. Just googled it. Looks to be in Montego Bay. About 22 miles from port. We won’t venture that far. May just try Peppers Jerk Center which is walking distance from ship. Scotchies does look authentic.

most of the places being talked about have been in operation for a long time and are the standard 'go to' places

in Miami this is like going to Versallies for Cuban ... safe YES, good and authentic ... a 3 out of 5. Folks who KNOW Miami know the local mom and pops off the main line are where to get the BEST {usually for less $$}.

Works the same in Jamaica. Are you a lil brave???? I grab a taxi and say to the driver, "take me to the best JERK place you know and I'll by you lunch while you wait for us .... what will you charge me?"

In over 30 years, have not had a bad meal yet, and have always survived the trip! Usually a 'tour' is included in the price ......

most of the places being talked about have been in operation for a long time and are the standard 'go to' places

in Miami this is like going to Versallies for Cuban ... safe YES, good and authentic ... a 3 out of 5. Folks who KNOW Miami know the local mom and pops off the main line are where to get the BEST {usually for less $$}.

Works the same in Jamaica. Are you a lil brave???? I grab a taxi and say to the driver, "take me to the best JERK place you know and I'll by you lunch while you wait for us .... what will you charge me?"

In over 30 years, have not had a bad meal yet, and have always survived the trip! Usually a 'tour' is included in the price ......

Good suggestion. We are very brave. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided not to go as far as Schotchies. Went to Peppers Jerk Center. Had a plate of jerk chicken and curry chicken. I love Jamaican food and have eaten it regularly for over 30 years. This was THE BEST EVER! It’s a 5 minute walk from the ship. Highly recommend it!!!