Hotel w/complimentary shuttle from FLL to Port Miami

Huneycruiser

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

No, there isn't, as the drive from FLL to Port of Miami(POM) is about 45 minutes. A couple will sell you a package, or you can arrange your own transport. Embassy Suites has shuttles, but airport to hotel is $9pp, and I don't know what their rate is to POM.

As discussed here daily, shuttles are a very common and inexpensive way to make this trip from your hotel to POM- about $15 per person. Uber is another relatively inexpensive way.

Pick your own FLL hotel (www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info) and then use UberX (about $35 for the car) or a shared shuttle service - SAS, QLS, GO Airport and others start at about $15 per person - to get you to POM.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

... FLL to Port of Miami(POM).

It's PortMiami.... there is no "of" in the name. The originally poster had it correct.

As to the original poster. FLL is far enough from PM that you don't really see free shuttles. I like the UberX idea, though that really depends on how many people in your group. If you have a larger group, pre-booking a shuttle at a reasonable rate is probably the best idea.

Thanks to all for your replies. So now, my new dilemma is whether to stay the night in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

My flight arrives late into FLL. So, staying there for the night and traveling to PM in the AM might be best for the weary traveler.

However, I’ve been wondering if it would be best to just make the trek to Miami that night, wake up there, and have a shorter trip to PM.

Oh what a dilemma to have. :)

Thanks to all for your replies. So now, my new dilemma is whether to stay the night in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

My flight arrives late into FLL. So, staying there for the night and traveling to PM in the AM might be best for the weary traveler.

However, I’ve been wondering if it would be best to just make the trek to Miami that night, wake up there, and have a shorter trip to PM.

Oh what a dilemma to have. :)

Does your cruise leave on a weekend? If so, I'd stay in FLL. The drive is quite short to Miami so it won't feel like much of anything in the morning.

If a weekday morning, I'd probably drive to Miami the night before to avoid rush hour. But we have no traffic weekend mornings.

We will be sailing on 12/31. Though it is the weekend, we are concerned about the possibility of holiday traffic. I’d love to stay in Fort Lauderdale, have breakfast, and maybe stroll one of the beaches before heading to Miami.

The road to PortMiami is straight highway. Holiday traffic will be a non-issue. They even built the new tunnel that connects the highway right to the cruise port. Nothing to be concerned with.

Definitely stay in FLL. Don't worry. I used to work on South Beach, and even then the holiday traffic was minimal enough. I95 won't have any traffic, even with holidays plus the tunnel that bypasses any possibility of traffic.... Book FLL and relax.