5 night which is formal night?

lmf24lmf

• 7 months later...
What's expected re: clothing to eat in the dining room on this night? Jacket for men? Women-dress? Or is dress code smart casual ok?

I'm just here for the comments. ;)

BUT to answer your question, I wear shorts/sandals every night except the 2 elegant nights (they haven't been formal nights in years). On the 2 elegant nights I will wear jeans (or khakis) and a polo shirt/Nike golf shirt. On the Magic 3 weeks ago I could count the jackets I saw on 1 hand.

What's expected re: clothing to eat in the dining room on this night? Jacket for men? Women-dress? Or is dress code smart casual ok?

Think less formal and more business/smart casual. Dockers with a button down or hawaiian shirt and closed toes shoes (walkers are popular) for either gender is OK. Many women opt for fancier maxi dresses over a simple sundress or dress capris and sparkly blouses with strappy heel sandals. This is the bear minimum, so depending on the cruise demographics you will also see suits with ties, cocktail dresses, to tuxes and gowns.

Some of the younger crowd will recycle their prom outfits or wear (dance) club clothing or simplify to "meet the parents" date style clothing. Parents with young kids seem to love the matching outfit type of concept.

The best I can say is dress the way you invision Elegant Evening to be. This will be the night with the more serious backdrops for photos, and slightly more upscale entertainment, and depending on the cruise director it may also be the night of the "White Hot Dance Party" or the Quest game.

Trying to figure out which night to book the steak house....

Sunshine five night cruise with the sea day for the first full day of the cruise. Am I correct to assume that’s the formal dinner night?

Thanks

Yes