Photos of Galaxy in Canal 11/24

sherman931

I absolutely loved your photos. We went through the Canal on the Galaxy on November 6th and your photos brought it all back. We were aft going East and West; it was great seeing the front of the ship going through. Sorry, I can't help with photos of your ship, but I may borrow some of your for my album..............if I ever print mine! Thanks for the memories.

I was on the Coral Princess which went through the Panama Canal at the same time as the Galaxy on the 11/24 through 12/4 cruise. Thought you might like to see some photos. Also, if anyone has photos of the Coral please post them.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sherman306

Thanks

Bob, an extra big thank you! DH has been balking at the canal until he saw your photos and suddenly decided that we should do it! Said the best photos he has ever seen as far as technical detail! Now which Princess or X? Always a loose end somewhere!

Glad to help Donna. My bias is with the Coral, I thought it was a great ship. Just the right number of passengers; and the crew was terrific. Tell DH the photos don't do it justice. So much detail and technical info was provided by the on board narrator as we went thru the canal; and you can't beat the up-close and personnal view.

Kannna:

It is a Kodak Easy share 300. Nothing fancy...pretty much idiot proof. I had a scan disc memory card and while we were anchored, I went to the photo desk and downloaded my first round of pics on to a CD for $9.95 and was ready to go for our return thru the locks.

Great photos, Bob. Brought back fond memories of our February Galaxy cruise. Especially seeing the gaggle of people lining the railings. I recall standing my ground on my "front rail position" as people crushed against me trying to get a better look. It's also great to see what we looked like going through. Yeah, it was incredibly tight. Thanks, again.

Archived