Phu My - Distance to port gates

G.M.T.

We are going on the Millennium 4th. March 2018, one of the ports is Phu My.

Can anyone tel me the distance (yards / minutes) to walk from the ship to the port ?

Does Celebritity or the port supply a shuttle bus?

Thanks

Phu My is a container port, where we docked earlier in the year, it wouldn't be practical or even if it would be allowed to walk to the port gates.

From memory it was a 7-10mins by bus before we reached the gates when we were on our tour.

Phu My is a container port, where we docked earlier in the year, it wouldn't be practical or even if it would be allowed to walk to the port gates.

From memory it was a 7-10mins by bus before we reached the gates when we were on our tour.

Yes, you can walk it. We had a private guide last Christmas to HCM and were collected from the port gates. There were around 14 in our group and we all walked together through the port (met at Cafe al Bacio), took us about 10 minutes max, and met the driver and guide (Zoom) just beyond the gates. I would have been very unhappy to have paid the extra $100 for our family alone (4) just to be collected shipside. Our party was apprehensive at first as we didn’t know the actual distance and we’d read some conflicting posts here on CC - in hindsight, glad we did it ;).

You will find that the shuttle bus is at the gates on the way back and you can jump on it for no charge.

I would have been very unhappy to have paid the extra $100 for our family alone (4) just to be collected shipside. Our party was apprehensive at first as we didn’t know the actual distance and we’d read some conflicting posts here on CC - in hindsight, glad we did it ;).

Funny, we did all our tours in Vietnam with anntours.com who offered fabulous service. At all ports we were met right at the ship for no extra charge and we were glad we did not have to walk. And the prices of their tours were great...

I guess it just shows how different experiences can be.

Yes, you can walk it. We had a private guide last Christmas to HCM and were collected from the port gates. There were around 14 in our group and we all walked together through the port (met at Cafe al Bacio), took us about 10 minutes max, and met the driver and guide (Zoom) just beyond the gates. I would have been very unhappy to have paid the extra $100 for our family alone (4) just to be collected shipside. Our party was apprehensive at first as we didn’t know the actual distance and we’d read some conflicting posts here on CC - in hindsight, glad we did it ;).

You will find that the shuttle bus is at the gates on the way back and you can jump on it for no charge.

Hi villauk, thank you for the information, exactly what I was looking for.

Coincidence as we are also looking at a Saigon tour with Zoom.

How was the tour, did it also include a trishaw ride?

Thanks

Hi villauk, thank you for the information, exactly what I was looking for.

Coincidence as we are also looking at a Saigon tour with Zoom.

How was the tour, did it also include a trishaw ride?

Thanks

The tour was excellent and very reasonable. Dung was brilliant. Some operators don’t give the option of collecting outside the gate and just include the cost of passing through the port entrance into the price quoted per person ;). No, we didn’t include a trishaw ride - the traffic was pretty scary :eek:.

Some operators don’t give the option of collecting outside the gate and just include the cost of passing through the port entrance into the price quoted per person ;).

True, that might be the case! But if the price including it all is fantastic, why bother? I guess everybody puts a different price tag on his own comfort...

True, that might be the case! But if the price including it all is fantastic, why bother? I guess everybody puts a different price tag on his own comfort...

We are on 7 Jan 18 trip all our tours give both prices. Yous see these in our roll call under my signature.

John

We are on 7 Jan 18 trip all our tours give both prices. Yous see these in our roll call under my signature.

John

We did the southeast Asia cruise in March this year and loved it. Particularly fell in love with Singapore.

Enjoy your cruise, it is fantastic!

Did all our tours with a group of four. The difference in price for us was around 5 USD and the prices for such private tours were great. So we did not think twice... and were glad after we saw the ports. But again, each to their own...

Edited by Miaminice