Disappointing Dinners

radiationman

Actually, I am far from a kid but I am a tad concerned about the main dining room.

I have "controlled" digestive problems where I just cannot over eat or eat to much or I end up feeling horrible all evening. So I eat smaller portions, and not starters or multiple courses and then I feel fine. From cruising prior, I know there is enough on the menu that I can make good choices without requesting any special menus. Yet my husband really enjoys the multiple courses so the MDR is the right choice for us. And we like meeting people at dinner so I would not want to take the experience away from my husband and eat solo. And you all know the servers note when you are not ordering and try to help with alternatives.

I am a bit worried that when I skip some servings I might make other at the table uneasy while they are eating and I am not. This meal situation/limitation is fairly a new development for me and have not had to deal with this on prior cruises. It is making me a bit nervous.

While it's not my thing it doesn't sound that odd to me.

:) Spaghetti with butter, or buttered noodles. Loved them when I was a kid now over 70 and still love em!
I am not a big fan of tomato sauce and as a side dish I much prefer my spaghetti with butter or olive oil ... and lots of salt!

Facts are not subjective. By definition, a gumbo (Creole) is an okra pod, or by extension, a soup or stew THICKENED with okra or rice.

However, the interpretation of facts is often subjective.

Agreed, facts are not subjective - but authors of menus are know to engage in "creative writing". On every line I've sailed I have seen menu descriptions which seriously test reasonable credibility.