Got Docs?

Hi:

I'm leaving on a New Years Eve cruise in two weeks and we don't have our cruise docs yet. Usually, we have them way ahead of time. I think you should call your TA. I called mine and she said she doesn't start to worry until it's 10 days out. Well, it's just two weeks for us so I am somewhat concerned. This will be our 35th cruise and we've always gotten our cruise docs a lot sooner than this time.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

We are going on the Mariner on January 2nd and just received our docs only yesterday. I'd wait another week and if still nothing, definitely get ahold of your TA. Looks like a lot of people are getting their docs last minute though. Happy Cruising! :)

Hi,

We are booked for Mariner 1/8/06 and received our documents yesterday direct from RCI because we booked through them and then transferred our booking to Crucon so we could get an aft cabin they had on listed available on their website. Technically Crucon is our TA. When we didn't have our documents last week and others on our cruise were saying they got theirs I called on Monday morning and our TA called RCI and they said they were mailed on 12/3. They said if we didn't have them by Thursday to call them as they usually allow 10 days. Crucon said that normally their clients documents are mailed to them and THEY send them out about 2 weeks before the cruise. So depending on who you booked through you might call them and check on it. Ours came yesterday afternoon, just under 4 weeks before our cruise. I am glad we actually booked through RCI as I would have been antsy to get them in my hot little hands. Good luck....................MJN

I'm on the 1/2/06 Jewel and still no Docs. Oh yeah, and I can't get a hold of my TA. I'm worried.

Edited to add: worst case scenario, will I really need my docs? I've printed out my set sail pass. Could I get tags at the pier if my docs don't come and I can't get a hold of my TA?

When I called RCI to make final payment on our cruise I was told we should have our documents by December 15th (sailing 1/15). We received one set of documents via regular mail on Monday, the other two sets were received last night at 7:00 by UPS (we are going with my husband's two sisters and their husbands).

You are going a week earlier than us, I would be calling. But if you booked with a TA it probably takes longer as they get them first then they send them on to you. Hope you get them SOON though!!

We are on the Mariner leaving on the 8th of January and just got our docs from RCL yesterday. While this is a wonderful event, getting the documents, it is symbolic at best. The only thing in them we will use is the luggae tags. We already completed the online checkin and signed up for the Seapass credit so all we have to do now is show our passports and credit card if thats even required. You can even get luggae tags at the dock if you need more or want to change to others not printed with your right room.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, we love getting the docs as the final symbol, we leave in thirty days or less, but they are virtually worthless to the cruise.

They probably do them in batches. We're on LotS mid-January. We and a number of others from here just got our docs - got mine today as a matter of fact. Don't give them too much time before calling them though - you don't need the "vacation stress" :(

Hi Cruislovin,

Yeah there is a roll call. It's very slow though.

Hopefully you will get your docs next week. We got ours about a week after completing the online registration.

There are 4 of us and we are going to the meet and mingle so hopefully we will see you there.

The time will hopefully fly by now.

Archived