Can you meet the ship somewhere else after purposefully missing a port?

gardn198

This very likely is allowed and there may actually be ship tours for this as well. Of course determine if a one way car rental is available, along with costs . Do figure on at least triple costs compared to what you may be used to. :)

This very likely is allowed and there may actually be ship tours for this as well. Of course determine if a one way car rental is available, along with costs . Do figure on at least triple costs compared to what you may be used to. :)

Does "very likely" mean it is allowed? Or, are you guessing?

Not being snarky just would like to know since I have a similar question. Thx.

Given that you will have already boarded, as long as its not an immigration issue this can be arranged with the cruise line IN ADVANCE in many cases. Or to put it another way its not a banned activity. Whether it is actually permitted is up to the appropriate shoreside staff, they will need to confirm.

It happens with NCL arranged shore excursions; Machu Picchu and Agra are two I know have occurred. However I know that people have posted requests to do similar tours privately and have been refused as was one to occur in Vietnam.

Seek permission from NCL asap. Then look into the rules in Iceland.

If you just do not turn up in Reykjavik your 'stuff' will be handed over to the pilot boat to be taken ashore to the Port Agent.

One major problem!!!! What would you do if the Jade could not dock in Akureyri?

I'm considering the Iceland cruise on the Jade... wondering if I can just rent a car from Reykjavik and drive around and meet the ship back in Akureyri? Is that allowed? Or do I have to get back on the ship at Reykjavik?

We had wanted to do this last Christmas on the Jade on an Asian Cruise, we wanted to get off in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam and meet back up with the ship 2 days later in Da Nang, Vietnam. We were told no, if we were not back on the ship at Ha Long Bay our stuff would be offloaded and given to the port agent and we would not be allowed back on the ship..

If for some reason they do allow you to do this get it in writing.