Distinctive Voyages questions

S.S.Oceanlover

I am booked on the 10 day southern Caribbean cruise on the Dawn December 2018.

On the booking it states up to $400 airfare credit and up to $100 hotel credit.

How does one go about finding out the details of this offer and is it really worth it compared to if you booked the air and hotel yourself?

I'm assuming that there are certain hotels and airlines you must pick from?

Not sure exactly how this works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

I am booked on the 10 day southern Caribbean cruise on the Dawn December 2018.

On the booking it states up to $400 airfare credit and up to $100 hotel credit.

How does one go about finding out the details of this offer and is it really worth it compared to if you booked the air and hotel yourself?

I'm assuming that there are certain hotels and airlines you must pick from?

Not sure exactly how this works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

The airfare credit and hotel credit are only if you book them through NCL.

Usually it is cheaper to book your own domestic airfare. But you might want to check discount sites for airfare and then ask NCL rep how much their airfare would be with the $400 discount.

For us for the hotel perk we found it cheaper to book our own hotel since NCL charges a per person rate but then only subtracts one $100 credit.

The Distinctive Voyages perks Terms and Conditions for those are at

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions#distinct

Edited by NMLady

The airfare credit and hotel credit are only if you book them through NCL.

Usually it is cheaper to book your own domestic airfare. But you might want to check discount sites for airfare and then ask NCL rep how much their airfare would be with the $400 discount.

For us for the hotel perk we found it cheaper to book our own hotel since NCL charges a per person rate but then only subtracts one $100 credit.

The Distinctive Voyages perks Terms and Conditions for those are at

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions#distinct

Thank you. That's what I was thinking. The deals are usually not deals at all in the long run.

Once in awhile the consumer comes out on the plus side but it's usually not the norm.

Bill

Most cruise lines now quote readily available published air fares for their price, so it could be a savings. The only downside is that you probably wouldn't get your flight itinerary right away and it may not be the best route. FYI, I have found cruise line air to be VERY reasonable when doing repositioning cruises which require open jawed flights.

Most cruise lines now quote readily available published air fares for their price, so it could be a savings. The only downside is that you probably wouldn't get your flight itinerary right away and it may not be the best route. FYI, I have found cruise line air to be VERY reasonable when doing repositioning cruises which require open jawed flights.

You are correct about NCL air to be very reasonable when doing repositioning cruises with open jawed flights.

We have used NCL cruise air twice for flights for transatlantic cruise since it was significantly cheaper than anything we found. However, we did not find that to be true for domestic flights. That is why I recommended that the OP compare prices.

I booked prior to my cruise being “distinctive”. Called NCL and was given a quote for flight with the credit. The balance was more than if I booked myself through Southwest. As for hotel, I have points so that would be cheaper too. So did not change reservation

I booked prior to my cruise being “distinctive”. Called NCL and was given a quote for flight with the credit. The balance was more than if I booked myself through Southwest. As for hotel, I have points so that would be cheaper too. So did not change reservation

Flights aren't even available right now for my cruise as it's a little over a year away.

I'll revisit this when flights become available just for the halibut.:)

Bill