Sunshine sail away

jcruiser8888

We are in San Juan shopping. There are 2 other ships here harmony of the seas (6000 people) and Viking Seas (2900 people) plus us 2500 people. Needlessly to say it’s crowded. There’s still a lot of damage from the storms many shops are closed about half that are open are on generators. If you come bring cash most can’t take credit cards and the atms don’t work. Well Eileen is trying to help out the economy by leaving some $$ here. I’ll check back in later

Lots of WiFi glitches somehow St Kitts review got lost so here’s a redo we had breakfast on the ship. We went to the omelette stations there are 2 of them they are in the aft of the ship you have to walk through the buffet the one on the left has two cooking stations the one on the right only has one, so the one on the left is much faster.We walked off the ship we went past the excursion booking area towards the taxi stand. We booked a tour on one of the open sided trucks it was $20 per person less than on the ship. St Kitts is one of the ports I feel completely comfortable in so we always wander around and book something at the port. The tour was about 3 hours long and included water sodas and rum punch. We started with the west side of the island fort brimstone and the botanical gardens then the old sugar plantation then to what the tour guide called the rich side (east) that’s where the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea there’s a place to pull over and get pictures of the two coming together it’s a very pretty place with contrasting colors and quite a view then on to a beach where you could either stay for a couple of hours on the beach or come back to port and do some shopping. We chose to come back about 10 people stayed upon return to port the tour driver went back to wait on beach people. We went shopping be sure to take advantage of the free to cruisers pearl pendants and the monkey charms lots of opportunities to pick up free cruise swag back on the ship at 4 sailing at 5.

Last night was your time dinner in the mdr they called it elegant night not too many people dressed up we did it’s one of the few times we get decked out each year. The dinner took 1 hour and 22 minutes we were at a table for 2. We had planned to go to the show but couldn’t get there due to the length of time dining. The dining time is dependent on how many people show up last night there were a lot of people. I’m not saying this is good or bad (for me there’s no such thing as a bad cruise) but just beware and plan accordingly. We re heading down to breakfast then off to Amber Cove more later

Spent the day at Amber Cove got a couple of chairs and an umbrella by the pool. The conquest was there as well but there were still plenty of chairs and it’s wasnt terribly crowded.we sat near the zip lines and watched people come down them they come right over the pool the cost is $20 per person you can go as many times as you like but it’s quite a hike from the bottom back up to the top. There was free internet and the food and drinks are reasonably priced. There’s a swim up bar and a DJ plays music. There’s not much shopping and it’s not a place to bargain . Carnival owns it and controls the prices. Take cash they don’t accept your sign and sail cards as far as I could tell, all transactions I saw wee with cash. We were told you could grab a cab and get some good shopping deals in town but decided to not go as we were running out of time.

Hi! If you still have all of your fun times can you please let me know how many evenings/days there is a "friends of Bill W" meeting? Also would be curious of dates/times of "friends of jimmy k". I've only noticed it once in your fun times but it's hard to zoom in. My understanding is they had these every day or every other day. Thank you so much for your help! We are on the 8 day Christmas cruise in a couple of weeks!

Edited by ss75511

Hi! If you still have all of your fun times can you please let me know how many evenings/days there is a "friends of Bill W" meeting? Also would be curious of dates/times of "friends of jimmy k". I've only noticed it once in your fun times but it's hard to zoom in. My understanding is they had these every day or every other day. Thank you so much for your help! We are on the 8 day Christmas cruise in a couple of weeks!

These meetings are held daily on every cruise I’ve been on, the times varied with each cruise.

These meetings are held daily on every cruise I’ve been on, the times varied with each cruise.

There is a meeting of friends of Bill W everyday except Saturday there’s also a meeting of the friends of Jimmy K the afternoon I went Bill didn’t have any friends except me😄there’s a lot more people that need Bill as a friend than have him as a friend on this cruise. Suggestion would be to get the internet package and stay in touch with your “friends “ back home if you don’t have some of them with you one day at a time John Y

There is a meeting of friends of Bill W everyday except Saturday there’s also a meeting of the friends of Jimmy K the afternoon I went Bill didn’t have any friends except me😄there’s a lot more people that need Bill as a friend than have him as a friend on this cruise. Suggestion would be to get the internet package and stay in touch with your “friends “ back home if you don’t have some of them with you one day at a time John Y

LOL! Thank you for the info John! Maybe there will be more on the Christmas cruise, as I imagine there will be several friends of Bill/Jimmy traveling with family over the holidays etc. This is my first Christmas as a friend, so I am slightly anxious. Thank you for the information! Glad you had a fun cruise :)

We docked about 30 minutes late due to some rough weather.The off site cruise and park (528 cruise and park) van was waiting and we were in the car at 9:10 and were back home safe and sound 11:30 . I thought I'd do a quick wrap up of my Sunshine experience . First of all I don't focus on the negative I don't pay for a cruise and then look at all the things that are wrong with the trip. I always look for the positives there were many the crew was very attentive and friendly, they exceeded my expectations as did the cleanliness and maintenance of the ship. The shows were 45 minutes to an hour long and moved along at a nice pace, the lasers and the background projections were outstanding. These aren't your Cats or Mama Mia's but they aren't trying to be. The shows were kid friendly and entertaining. The liquid lounge serves as the venue for many interactive shows and the finals of the lip sync contest where the entertainers participate with the contestants was a hoot, and actually pretty good.Now for the things I'd like to see improved There were 2500 plus passengers on this cruise there are 2 pools with a total capacity of 24 beach pool plus 17 serenity pool that's 41 there are 3 hot tubs with a capacity of 11 each that's 33 total, conclusion 74 passengers could be in all the pools/spas at one time, more pools please! The itinerary was good but I would have loved more port time 7 - 3 or 8 - 4 not enough time and the arrival times are too early. The stores are just opening up there's not a lot going on in San Juan at 8 in the morning. I think if had to give this cruise an overall rating I would give it a 7.5 Thanks for the questions,the only sailing I have book in the future is an 8 day on MSC's new ship "The Seaside" next year (So Far) !

Did you see any spa (specifically) massage specials offered on board? Also I will be getting the social internet all I plan to use it for is for iMessage (I know it doesn’t say it works but many reviews says it actually does) would it work decent for that only?

Thanks!0

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...