Sydney Domestic terminal to The Rocks in the pm

Thanks. we actually arrive at 9.30 pm so didnt really fancy the train with cruise luggage plus you need an opal card and we are in Perth.

Does Sydney have VIPit? its an alternative to uber and cab.

a quick google shows that this is a Perth thing.

If you've not been to Sydney Domestic before - or haven't in a few years - be mindful of a few things : the pickup areas have been divided into short term paid (which was previously 15mins free) - and the 15min free has been moved further away (of course to make things MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT at the worst airport in the world).

If you are going to uber it - make sure you have your mobile and KNOW exactly where the pickup point is.

Normally you would find that a taxi will get you to the city pretty quickly - BUT with the amount of destruction in the CBD, sometimes the train is quicker.

Thanks for clarifying the time - at that time of day I think you'll be relatively ok with the traffic - given the timing I assume you are just heading to a hotel as opposed to boarding a departing ship so it's not quite so critical

Yes straight to hotel. I dont mind paying taxi price but even with just 2 we end up nursing our luggage in most Sydney cabs unless they now have room in the boot?

Thanks. we actually arrive at 9.30 pm so didnt really fancy the train with cruise luggage plus you need an opal card and we are in Perth.

Does Sydney have VIPit? its an alternative to uber and cab.

Sorry, thought you were arriving in the afternoon.

I would think a cab would be fine at that time of the evening.

Just to clarify, you don’t need an opal card to catch the train from the airport. There are ticket vending machines at the airport station.

I have done this a couple of times now but to the OPT not the Rocks, so not sure how far you would have to drag your luggage. It’s very easy on the train even with luggage, so don’t discount this method of transport.

Just to clarify, you don’t need an opal card to catch the train from the airport. There are ticket vending machines at the airport station.

I have done this a couple of times now but to the OPT not the Rocks, so not sure how far you would have to drag your luggage. It’s very easy on the train even with luggage, so don’t discount this method of transport.

Just note that the rocks is nearly all up hill from Circular Quay.