Handicapped Cabins question

krmlaw

Question - our friends may need a handicapped room for the Dad who may be in a wheelchair for their cruise. Are these room bigger than the regular rooms? I cannot imagine a wheelchair in one of the regular sized rooms. Thanks! It would be on Allure if that matters.

Question - our friends may need a handicapped room for the Dad who may be in a wheelchair for their cruise. Are these room bigger than the regular rooms? I cannot imagine a wheelchair in one of the regular sized rooms. Thanks! It would be on Allure if that matters.

Yes, accessible staterooms are larger than non-accessible staterooms in the same category. The bathrooms are also larger with roll in showers.

The category L inside HC cabin on Freedom we got assigned for a guaranty was about twice as large as the size of our friends' same category inside cabin. This cabin is shown in the shot below. We also had a HC mini suite assigned once to a guaranty and it was about 50% larger then the same regular category of cabin.

173545249_PA230457(200x150).jpg.4d12e691aa92a29606afefdd3d4c7689.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Since you said he "may" be in a wheelchair you should be aware if he books a room that is wheelchair accessible and does not have a wheelchair royal can change his room. You also have to sign off that you need the wheelchair room. Also like another poster said those rooms often sell out fast. Our last cruise sold out a year out. And my parents cruise that is a year from now is almost sold out.

So if he needs the room book asap. But if not do not book a room that someone needs. I have also found that wheen it comes to wheelchair rooms you often pay more and cann't get upgrades.