Konsingsdam $399?

coaster

Absolutely. Not ominous at all.

An opportunity for those who can take advantage of it. Very common in any business where the inventory discappears with either time or spoilage.

It is one of the many reasons why we are not loyal to any one cruise line.

There’s been prices like that on all the cruises since she came across the pond. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen such low prices, this consistently, on a new ship. It’s a little concerning to me that HAL is having such trouble filling their ships.

I'm not sure that HAL is having trouble filling its ships -- I think the fact that there are such low rates on the Kdam is an indication that big ships don't appeal to HAL passangers. I was just on the Veendam for a 49 day cruise and met many people who were taking that itinerary on whatever of the ships did it (used to be the Maasdam) for 5 or 6 times.

It could simply mean that HAL's pricing to date on this particular ship was too high relative to other similar date/similar itinerary offerings. Now they need to catch up to ensure that they have all the bums in seats so to speak. We would be much more inclined to sail on Kdam than we would on some of HAL's older ships.

I'm not sure that HAL is having trouble filling its ships -- I think the fact that there are such low rates on the Kdam is an indication that big ships don't appeal to HAL passangers. I was just on the Veendam for a 49 day cruise and met many people who were taking that itinerary on whatever of the ships did it (used to be the Maasdam) for 5 or 6 times.

By HAL passengers, do you mean HAL loyalists? I'm a HAL passenger and I much prefer K'dam over HAL's older ships. Then again, I'm a passenger of numerous lines.

I sailed K'dam in November and we were 800 passengers under capacity. I paid half for my VE balcony than I would have on Celebrity, RCI and Princess on similar itineraries....and those ships sold out. So while I was more than happy to have such a bargain basement rate, it also concerns me that a brand new ship can't sell out.