Formal night on 4 night cruise

P&O SUE

Hello all,

I'm going on Oceana in February for a 4 night cruise. On a 4 night cruise I have been on before the first day was a sea day so, of course, the formal night was that night.

On this cruise the last day is the sea day which I like the idea of after a busy couple of days sightseeing. I'm wondering about the formal night though - they are not normally on the last night are they? Anyone any idea what night it could be? The first day we are in Bruges, the second Amsterdam so leaving about 5-6pm for both.

Thanks

I seem to recall reading previous threads implied the formal night varied. I'm not sure if it would be the last night because of luggage having to be outside cabins early. My recent 4 nighter Southampton-Bruges-Amsterdam-At Sea-Southampton, the formal night was the 2nd evening

I seem to recall reading previous threads implied the formal night varied. I'm not sure if it would be the last night because of luggage having to be outside cabins early. My recent 4 nighter Southampton-Bruges-Amsterdam-At Sea-Southampton, the formal night was the 2nd evening

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think it would be the last night either. I just wondered as I've booked Cafe Jardin for the Amsterdam night but I'd rather be in the MDR for the formal night! Ah well, I'll have to wait and see!

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is interesting! I’ve still been mulling this over and have decided to change my Café jardin booking from the third night to the first night as I really want to be in the MDR for formal night. It was all quite easy to do this through my CP however it’s now £8.50 each instead of £7.50!

I didn’t know it was cheaper when booked in advance? Is this normal? A pound is hardly an issue but I just thought it was interesting

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would report back on this. The formal night was the third evening after a day in Amsterdam. I was pleased I changed my cafe Jardin booking as I had chosen that night!

We enjoyed the cruise (our first on Oceana) very much [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums