Independence Norovirus Outbreak?

JakeyK414

Following the 12/16 - 12/21 Indy Cruise - NO COMPLAINTS!

The crew did great - thankfully, no illnesses with our party and wasn't privy to anyone's woe.

Leaving on Allure next week for a seven day!

I thought Allure was being dry docked next week to fix a propulsion issue?

I think there is no exact science to prevent getting Noro. Did not hold the handrails when going up the steps on Navigator a few weeks ago. Ended up falling and I am finally over my soreness from the tumble. Hold the handrails when using steps at all times is my personal lesson.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Agreed. Use hand railings - much better than something broken! In my house i slipped on a step - fell one step and broke bones in my foot. Long time before I was mobile again because even with cast no weight could be on foot.

• 2 weeks later...

Dh and I were on the January 18th sailing and the last night of the cruise(the 21st) we both came down with the vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps and fever. Dh went down to medical and got an anti nausea shot, anti nausea pills and liquid meds for stomach cramps.

Three other couples were sailing with us and one of the couples also got sick the same night.

The couple that got sick, Dh and I all went to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel the day before, so that might be where we picked up the sickness.

It was a miserable 2 1/2 hour drive home the next day!!

Dh and I were on the January 18th sailing and the last night of the cruise(the 21st) we both came down with the vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps and fever. Dh went down to medical and got an anti nausea shot, anti nausea pills and liquid meds for stomach cramps.

Three other couples were sailing with us and one of the couples also got sick the same night.

The couple that got sick, Dh and I all went to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel the day before, so that might be where we picked up the sickness.

It was a miserable 2 1/2 hour drive home the next day!!

With you all getting sick about the same time, I would think the odds are you picked it up at the same place/time. . I got food poisoning once in Las Vegas. Our last night. The flight home was torture.

With you all getting sick about the same time, I would think the odds are you picked it up at the same place/time. . I got food poisoning once in Las Vegas. Our last night. The flight home was torture.

Omg going there in the next few months...Do you know where you got sick?

Seems the past few weeks RCCL has had some Norovirus problems. But is there one currently on the Indy? :o

Just received this text message prior to the 12/16 sailing onboard the Indy...

"INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS UPDATE - We have updated info regarding your Independence of the Seas sailing. To best provide you with an awesome and pleasurable cruise, we will be conducting enhanced sanitation and maintenance as part of our illness prevention efforts. Boarding time will now take place between 2:00pm and 6:00pm. We kindly ask that guests arrive no earlier than 2:00pm. As a thank you for your understanding, we will provide each guest with a $20 onboard credit to your onboard account to cover lunch and any incidentals. We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a great cruise."

Anyone on the Indy now? Do guests seem to be getting sick?:confused:

They have had the sickness on Indy, quite a few fell ill as far as I can see, it will get even worse when they put even more cabins on her, it will be terrible. No where to sit, it was bad enough before but it will be even worse now.

They have had the sickness on Indy, quite a few fell ill as far as I can see, it will get even worse when they put even more cabins on her, it will be terrible. No where to sit, it was bad enough before but it will be even worse now.
Yet Freedom and Liberty do just fine with the new cabins already installed.

Five HAL ships had outbreaks last summer. Much smaller ships. A 1-2% increase in head count does not equate to more illness.