1st Night done Right, Oasis?

whitshel

Going on Oasis in a week or so, wasn't going to do any specialty restaurants but was interested in the 1st night done right promo. Has anyone had any luck getting or changing their reservation to Chops or 150 CP? Ive read a lot of post saying only Sabor or Giovannis, some say they could change, some say no, only those 2. Most of those posts were when it was $15, now its $20, wondering since the price increase maybe its good anywhere?

Going on Oasis in a week or so, wasn't going to do any specialty restaurants but was interested in the 1st night done right promo. Has anyone had any luck getting or changing their reservation to Chops or 150 CP? Ive read a lot of post saying only Sabor or Giovannis, some say they could change, some say no, only those 2. Most of those posts were when it was $15, now its $20, wondering since the price increase maybe its good anywhere?

This has changed from its original incarnation. We paid the $15pp (for our Nov'17 cruise) and when we got on the ship we were told that it is only for Giovanni's or Sabor. What they did was change our reservation to 150 CP, credit the $15pp back to our on board account and then charge us 50% off of the regular cost per person. What that amounted to was $23.50pp.

The next move in the increasingly frustrating part of the changes is they are adding an automatic 18% gratuity tot he bill. So the charge we used to pay for the specialty restaurant (which was to cover the upgraded service and gratuity, has an extra 18% added on to it now). This is in addition to the raised prices of the restaurants themselves.

With all that being said....we will probably do FNDR on our next cruise and choose Giovanni's. I just have to clarify that we get the first night at 50% off and will pay the $15 (50% of $30 charge on RCI's web site) or if I have to pay the now inflated $20 FNDR charge.

They are not making it easier for the cruiser/consumer, that's for sure.

This has changed from its original incarnation. We paid the $15pp (for our Nov'17 cruise) and when we got on the ship we were told that it is only for Giovanni's or Sabor. What they did was change our reservation to 150 CP, credit the $15pp back to our on board account and then charge us 50% off of the regular cost per person. What that amounted to was $23.50pp.

The next move in the increasingly frustrating part of the changes is they are adding an automatic 18% gratuity tot he bill. So the charge we used to pay for the specialty restaurant (which was to cover the upgraded service and gratuity, has an extra 18% added on to it now). This is in addition to the raised prices of the restaurants themselves.

With all that being said....we will probably do FNDR on our next cruise and choose Giovanni's. I just have to clarify that we get the first night at 50% off and will pay the $15 (50% of $30 charge on RCI's web site) or if I have to pay the now inflated $20 FNDR charge.

They are not making it easier for the cruiser/consumer, that's for sure.

Ya that's what interesting, if it's only good at Giovannis and Sabor, Giovannis is $30 and I think Sabor is $19?? So if I'm paying $20 but it's saying I'm saving 50%, something doesn't add up. Are they going to refund me the $5 if it's Giovannis? Hahaha, fat chance

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We tried to use it at Chops on the first night of our cruise in October. We were told only Sabor or Giovanni's. They didn't seem to care that no where in Cruise Planner says that. They offered us a Chops reservation at 50% off. We took it and they refunded what we paid for FNDR to our onboard spending account.

We tried to use it at Chops on the first night of our cruise in October. We were told only Sabor or Giovanni's. They didn't seem to care that no where in Cruise Planner says that. They offered us a Chops reservation at 50% off. We took it and they refunded what we paid for FNDR to our onboard spending account.

I think it stinks that they don't clearly state the FNDR restrictions before the purchase, but I guess they make it right if they are willing to refund the entire amount.

I think it stinks that they don't clearly state the FNDR restrictions before the purchase, but I guess they make it right if they are willing to refund the entire amount.

Agree. It's deceptive. I'm curious to see what happens now that FNDR has increased to $20 (at least on Oasis). That's more than the full freight fee for Sabor. So now there is only a single choice for FNDR? Or does this suggest an increase in the charge for Sabor, as was recently done for Giovanni's? Talk about driving your clientele away...

Agree. It's deceptive. I'm curious to see what happens now that FNDR has increased to $20 (at least on Oasis). That's more than the full freight fee for Sabor. So now there is only a single choice for FNDR? Or does this suggest an increase in the charge for Sabor, as was recently done for Giovanni's? Talk about driving your clientele away...

They don't care about old clientele, just new clientele. Newbies won't be aware of this until it's too late.

Well I booked it, my daughter really wants 150 CP so I'll see what they say and report back. I think i'll print out the booking page where it says 50% off, because clearly Sabor and Giovannis will less than 50%.

Only 8 days to go :)

Well I booked it, my daughter really wants 150 CP so I'll see what they say and report back. I think i'll print out the booking page where it says 50% off, because clearly Sabor and Giovannis will less than 50%.

Only 8 days to go :)

Please post the results of what happened when you get back.

Thank you and have a great cruise.